Sign in to follow this  
dougvcd

DVRvision

hello dont know if any one can help bought this dvr a few years ago had no problems but just changed broadband company and cant get it to connect i cant find the disc that came with it for ie active x etc can view the cameras on the tv but not on my laptop its a chinese DVRvision have attached a photo

cheers

Doug

dvr.jpg.0c3a1c83b8750a42e0cec48f47f6b4e0.jpg

ok have sorted it for now i downloaded a web client installed it and it works in a fashion

thanks to all

thought i had sorted but works ok on laptop but will not work at all on phone also have an ip foscam cam that wont work either been on to ee and they havnt got a clue any help please

thanks

Doug

I'm betting it most likely won't work on your phone at all. Lots of DVR/NVR units require an ActiveX plugin to be installed, in order to stream video. And the only browser that supports this is Internet Explorer (not even Edge!). Phones don't support ActiveX (unless maybe a Windows phone would, but I doubt it).

To play the video on your phone, you would need an app that can directly stream the video (search in your phone's app store for the DVR brand name). There are also some generic apps that *may* support the DVR, but it's going to be hit-or-miss.

Good luck.