Sign in to follow this  
keithy

Qvis amb m3 dome poe

Hi i have a qvis viper nvr with 1 5mp poe camera works great & 2 3mp amb m3 dome cameras poe ?when connected to the nvr the power light comes on but the cameras are not detected, if i plug them into the router and use a power supply they work, they are meant to be poe cameras do they need a firmware update any ideas cheers Keith

I got the ABM cameras from a mate and pressed the reset button them if that makes any diferance

Hi. When you say plug them into router and they work .... Is that with viewing with your PC ?

No I can view the camera on the nVR by plugging the Ethernet frombthe camera into the router and a PSU into the cameras power but if I plug the camera directly into the router it's not detected but the camera,s up is set as 192.168.1.80 but the nvrs 5mp camera is a totally different IP like 191.120.2.191 or something like that ?

Hi. When you say plug them into router and they work .... Is that with viewing with your PC ?

No I can view the camera on the nVR by plugging the Ethernet frombthe camera into the router and a PSU into the cameras power but if I plug the camera directly into the router it's not detected but the camera,s up is set as 192.168.1.80 but the nvrs 5mp camera is a totally different IP like 191.120.2.191 or something like that ?

Hi. Poe will not work through a router

Poe will only work via NVR Poe or a Poe switch or injector

Hi. Poe will not work through a router

Poe will only work via NVR Poe or a Poe switch or injector

Yes when i plug the abm m3 camera into the nvr it dosnt detect the camera

The 5mp camera plugged into the nvr is detected

If i plug the camera into the router and plug power in the amb m3 camera is detected on the nvr

the nvr has an ip address of 192.168.1.100

the 5mp camera is given an ip of 169.254.212.113 from the nvr

the abm m3 camera has an ip of 192.168.1.80 from the router which is the default of the camera ?

Ok. Forget about the 5mp as that is working.

You need to set the IP addresses of the other cameras to work on NVR.

Connect the camera again to the router and use internet explorer to connect to the camera

Enter 192.168.1.80 into browser....... Screen will pop up asking for user name and password .......admin and admin

Under camera configuration change the IP address to

169.254.212.115 and click save then plug it into your NVR.

You will have to do this with all amb cameras but use a different number at end of IP address

169.254.212.115 ........ For first camera

169.254.212.116 .........for second camera

169.254.212.113...........for third camera

And see if detected then when attached to your NVR.

The viper can take upto 5 mins to connect to camera so give it time to set