rgriggs

TruVision NVR changes HUE on non-TruVision ONVIF

Hello, this is my first post to the forum, so "Hi" everyone!

I am working with a TruVision NVR 10. The customer asked me to add another camera (they currently have 5). The TruVision cameras are quite expensive ($200+) so since the NVR 10 supports ONVIF, I ordered a cheap ONVIF camera from Amazon (the SV3C SV-B01POE-1080P), which I have used in other applications with good success.

The NVR pairs up with the camera with no problems, and streams the video just fine. However, every time the NVR connects to the camera, it sends the picture settings (brightness, contrast, hue, etc) and the changes to Hue cause the image's colors to appear incorrectly (green grass becomes orange).

The NVR normally provides a slider to adjust Hue (this slider is visible for TruVision cameras) but the slider is not visible for this SV3C camera, although the brightness, contrast, and saturation sliders are still visible.

I can log into the camera's web interface and reset the hue to default, and then the image is fine until the system disconnects and reconnects again (wifi glitches cause re-connection). Then the NVR again changes the Hue so that the grass looks orange.

Can you think of any way I can prevent the NVR from changing this Hue setting? I even tried entering an incorrect password for the camera, thinking that if the NVR couldn't authenticate with the camera, it wouldn't be allowed to change the camera's profile properties. However, this doesn't work - it still changes the value.

According to TruVision tech support (which are not helpful, since it's not a TruVision camera), either ONVIF just "works or doesn't work". Their only solution is to buy a TruVision camera, which costs about 5 times as much.

Thank you for any advice!