Whatthehex

New "Pro" Hikvision NVR doesn't unwarp fisheye camera???

After an hour and 40 minutes with Hikvision tech support, I'm a bit disillusioned with the response on how to view locally and remotely my Hikvision DS-2CD2955FWD-IS 5MP fisheye camera on my DS-96064NI-I16 NVR. At first they tried to add the camera a second time to the NVR under another channel to get another view other than the fisheye but that didn't work. So the rep said it was not possible to view locally through the NVR any of the unwarped views from that camera; the round fisheye view is all you can see. Huh? An NVR that just came out with latest 4.0 interface and their newer model fisheye camera can't display anything more than a round fisheye view? Can anyone here confirm that is the case?

Next they said it was not a problem because it's better to view the cams through a web browser than directly from the NVR. Indeed if I entered the local IP address of the fisheye camera in the browser, I could access the various view options. However, if I accessed the NVR through the browser and used the Live View to see the cams only the fisheye view was possible.

It appears that the only way to remotely see an unwarped view of the fisheye camera is to set up port forwarding on the router for each individual fisheye camera. I tried doing that but it exceeded my networking skills to set up more than 1 port forwarding that did not conflict with something. So for now just the round fisheye is all I can see when I remote in when away from the office.

If anyone knows an easier, better way, please let me know. BTW, I use a Mac laptop most of the time instead of a PC but I also can run Windows my Mac when needed. Is there any viewing software that is better to view the cameras that using a web browser for remote viewing? Will be running about 30 cameras.

Thanks!

I was able to speak with another tech support rep that was more knowledgeable and he said the issue is that the Value Line fish eye cameras use software dewarping. Their pro series fisheye will allow local NVR or remote viewing of the NVR with multiple unwapred views. Looks like we'll need to get the pro series cameras instead.

Port forwarding.

First, make all cameras ports different from each other, for example:

HTTP: 8080, 8081, 8082, 8083

RTSP: 1554, 1555, 1556, 1557

e.t.c.

(each port you will find in settings)

Then, you can forward the ports through the router.

The feature is you need to have the same ports on the camera and on the router external IP. I did it.