Sign in to follow this  
tdenson

HikVision Converting Hikvision recordings

I have a Hikvision hybrid DVR which generates prorietary MP4 files. I can get these on to a memory stick and therefore on to my computer but I cannot find any software that will convert to a more standard format. Ideally I want it to run on a Mac but I would settle for a Windows product running on a vuirutal machine if necessary. The only Hikvision software I can find is all in chinese.

I have a Hikvision hybrid DVR which generates prorietary MP4 files. I can get these on to a memory stick and therefore on to my computer but I cannot find any software that will convert to a more standard format. Ideally I want it to run on a Mac but I would settle for a Windows product running on a vuirutal machine if necessary. The only Hikvision software I can find is all in chinese.

You need HIK "Format Convert" software

Yes, that's what I downloaded but it was chinese. However I have subsequently downloaded something else of the same name which is English. However it still requires Windows but I will probably have to live with that

Yes, that's what I downloaded but it was chinese. However I have subsequently downloaded something else of the same name which is English. However it still requires Windows but I will probably have to live with that

My is in English

but I do not have main "Exe"