ped078

DVR that saves pictures?

Hi, what a great forum, you guys could have saved me a few headaches over the years!

Anyways a while ago I was in the now Defunct Maplins and they had DVR's there that saved .jpgs of faces that came into it's field of view, as well as recording to hard drive, but I never wrote down the model no's ect.. Does anyone know any DVR's that do this?.

I want to save the faces of people who come to my door, without trawling through hours of footage.

Thanks in advance.

Ped

Hi, what a great forum, you guys could have saved me a few headaches over the years!

Anyways a while ago I was in the now Defunct Maplins and they had DVR's there that saved .jpgs of faces that came into it's field of view, as well as recording to hard drive, but I never wrote down the model no's ect.. Does anyone know any DVR's that do this?.

I want to save the faces of people who come to my door, without trawling through hours of footage.

Thanks in advance.

Ped

As @Tomcctv said.

https://www.allgovision.com/face-recognition.php

@Tom, every time I search for that phrase, it comes up with dash cams?

@Papa , that's massively overkill for what I need, but thanks.

Ped

Hi. Ped. Most good brand recorders has it as standard

Qvis viper is a unit we have been using for a while now. Which has it.

With other unit you can also set up motion detect smart record this will highlight a person at a door and give a time stamp.

I have over 30 installs around Liverpool (used to be based in bootle now in chester) the closest viper unit to you for you to go and play with is in moreton Wirral by the lighthouse.

How many cameras are you looking for ?

Thanks Tom, I'm actually in Wallasey myself, and I know the area you mean, whats the address?

Basically I have a front door (to the flats I live in, which has a good quality camera...and that's what I want it for, so it only needs to be one channel, but I guess they start at 4?

Regards

Thanks Tom, I'm actually in Wallasey myself, and I know the area you mean, whats the address?

Basically I have a front door (to the flats I live in, which has a good quality camera...and that's what I want it for, so it only needs to be one channel, but I guess they start at 4?

Regards

Hi. Ped it's a customers address so I will have to arrange a viewing but yes your just down the road.

Have you called into MAS on dock road Wallasey yet and looked at there demo setup .... Ask for Dave

The viper starts at two cam kits 5mp NVR and two cameras is around £280

So your best to keep your budget down and look for a camera which has SD card recording

Yeah I was thinking Moreton Alarms but sheesh their expensive! , but anyways I'll look into it.

Thanks.

Yeah I was thinking Moreton Alarms but sheesh their expensive! , but anyways I'll look into it.

Thanks.

I have not been there for years but I have heard that.

What is your budget.

Well..

Iv'e now bought a Qvis Viper, once that arrives I'll let you know how it goes with it.

Ped