Sign in to follow this  
cyber-putty

adding wifi

I installed a ZOSI system (ZR08KN/10) several months ago, in the attic incase someone broke in they wouldnt take the box. After having my vehicle broke into I realized that not having quick access to it was more annoying than originally thought. I am not wanting to pull network cable all the way to my internet box. I would like to make the box wireless. I have read ways to do it, but am wanting to see if I can use an old wireless DSL router. (netgear DGN3500).

I have searched and can not find anything specific to what I am wanting to do. I can easily buy something to make it work, but I like making what I have work.

Thanks

ZOSI- model ZR08KN/10

Netgear- DGN3500

I assume you probably have found an answer by now, but I stumbled across your old post while looking for some Zosi DVR related stuff on here just now.

One option is to buy a device similar to this: https://www.amazon.com/Vonets-VAP11G-300-Wireless-Multi-Functional-Amplifier/dp/B014SK2H6W (note, I've not used this and can't vouch for it's ability to work well)

Another (probably better) option would be to grab an old wireless router from Goodwill (or if you got a box o' old tech junk laying around) and throw DD-WRT or Tomato firmware on it and set it up to be a wireless repeater. It would connect to your main AP and provide network access to anything plugged into it.

I assume you probably have found an answer by now, but I stumbled across your old post while looking for some Zosi DVR related stuff on here just now.

One option is to buy a device similar to this: https://www.amazon.com/Vonets-VAP11G-300-Wireless-Multi-Functional-Amplifier/dp/B014SK2H6W (note, I've not used this and can't vouch for it's ability to work well)

Another (probably better) option would be to grab an old wireless router from Goodwill (or if you got a box o' old tech junk laying around) and throw DD-WRT or Tomato firmware on it and set it up to be a wireless repeater. It would connect to your main AP and provide network access to anything plugged into it.

I think the wireless bridge would be the better name

That would be a wireless bridge, not a repeater.