Sign in to follow this  
madmandare

Transmitting 1080p over a 15m cable!!!

Hi,

I have a 1080p Hikvisioon DVR, with two video ports, one HDMI and one VGA.

I want to connect this DVR to two monitors. One int he same room via a short cable and one in a different room via a long 15m cable.

However, the 1080p feed won't work using the 15m VGA cable connected to the 2nd monitor. But the 1st monitor connected via a short HDMI cable is working fine.

I have been told this is because the GUI of the DVR is not powerful enough to support 1080p over a 15m cable, but is fine for shorter cables.

Should i try swapping and buying a 15m HDMI and a short 2m VGA and see if this works?

Or will i just have the same issue?

If i lower the output resolution of the DVR to 1020x1200, it works fine for both monitors. But this partly defies the point of having 8 x 1080p cameras!!

Are there any other solutions such as signal boosters etc?

I have found things like this online, that use RJ45 cables to transport VGA signal over large distances:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/60m-VGA-to-RJ45-Signal-Extender-Over-Ethernet-Cable-Transmitter-and-Receiver-UK/311670171984?epid=20011370431&hash=item4890fd6950:g:2BwAAOSwsCFZptDd

Cheers

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portta-Extender-splitter-Brightness-adjustment/dp/B008I08G8C/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1536508193&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=vga+transmitter+and+receiver&dpPl=1&dpID=41kneq31WuL&ref=plSrch

This is a VGA extender and receiver for cat 5 connection to VGA in and out it will also put 5v for the VGA voltage local.to each part of the system transmisson and receive