Sign in to follow this  
Smilemoar88

Help with new DVR and TV access.

Hi guys,

I was hoping to get some assistance with my DVR setup for my CCTV cameras at home.

Background:

I use to have an AVTECH DVR (Model: is DVR AVC761-4 as best I can tell) which died completely (it was 10 years old or so). So I bought a replacement DVR (Seen here: https://www.jaycar.com.au/8-channel-1080p-ahd-dvr/p/QV3157) and so far there is no issue between the cameras and the DVR.

Where my issue is that the old AVTECH DVR had a sock on the back called monitor that uses an SDI cable to connect the DVR to the TV system via a Hills Home Security so that you can see the cameras on the TV anywhere in the house. The new DVR has no such connection with it only having an HDMI and VGA port for connecting to see the cameras.

The Hills Home Security hub uses an RCA connection that is passed on to the rest of everything via coaxial cable. So previously the AVTECH DVR was plugged into an SDI cable and the had an adaptor to enable for it to be plugged into the Hills Home Security hub and thus be visible on any TV in the house.

Now I am trying to find a way to connect via HDMI to the Hills Home Security hub but using a standard HDMI to SDI converter doesn't seem to be working. So I was wondering if someone could help me find a way to make this work. I should note the old camera channel was analog TV signal - not sure if that's the issue.