magga

Replacing Hard Drive Dedicated Micros D4

Well the 500 GB Western Digital IDE drives were actually 16 MB cache, not 32 but it didn't matter. Despite numerous changes to how I had them installed (1 drive, 2 drives, slave, master) - I could never get the DVR to boot with these drives installed.

I really thought these would be up and running in no time and I would have trouble with the SATA drives but it didn't turn out that way.

The two 1 TB SATA 32 MB cache Seagate drives? - installed without a hitch. It was a little cramped getting the SATA - IDE adapters in there with them, but once mounted, it was up and running without an issue. I put it in service with the SATA drives in it and kept the original IDE Seagate 750 GB drives (nothing wrong with them) as the spares for the customer.

It's nice to know that with the phasing out of high capacity IDE drives, we can keep these units in service with huge SATA drives.

Will a 320gb sata segate work with a sata to ide adapter in a DM eco4??

I ordered a 130gb western digital ide and cannot get it to work either!!

i have a 320gb seagate sata and would rather use it than buying a new ide hdd

You need to open the unit and put the unit in Bootloader mode by shorting out the jumper pins, can't remeber which one as depends from board to board try J2.

Fit a new HDD first.

Using a serial connection. get onto the command prompt .

At the prompt type.

up towngirl

format c: y

this will format it FAT32. The use the normal DM upgrade procedue to put the software back on. It has to be in bootloader mode for it to work.

Don't bother with cloning HDDs' or Formatting externally. Get the DVR to do it.

If you type Help it tells you all the commands. This is for the OLDer DVT platforms with 3.1 (XXX) firmware.

New M2IP units just type fdisk /HDD0 again if you get stuck type help.

I'm having problems with my d4 i did everything to install the firmware it did work but now my dvr only boots to black screen it does everything upto loading software from drive then it just goes blank

Please help

Don't mean to threadjack but am needing some help and based on review of the thread there are some experts here.

I have a SD32M60/A that I tried to upgrade through USB and obviously must have used the wrong instructions. It hanged during the process and now all I get is a red flashing light next to the IR receiver.

I can't telnet into the box and also can't connect via serial.

Did I brick it? Is there anything I can do short of sending it to DM for repair?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm stuck.

Thanks!

Wanted to provide an update to this issue. I was an idiot. Was using a straight through instead of a null-modem cable to connect via serial.

Hi, I'm a noob.

I got a pair of DM DV-IP Servers from the school I teach at, but the drives had been removed. I have been in contact with the Sydney agents (as there are none in Melbourne) for assistance. Their charges to look at one would cover the cost of 2 Swann DVR's. I clearly don't want to spend a kings ransom on them, and have landed here.

There is a link, in this thread, to a DM docco on replacing drives, but the link is broken. Is there anybody out there who still has access to this?

Regards

Poida

@poidaDagrate

You can reprogram them yourself if you have a nulmodem cable and an FTP client like FileZilla,

There is no monitor output on the dvips and from what I believe no cd drive so you have to do it manually.

What dvip unit is it that you have?

Sam

Hello every one. I am very sorry since the question I am asking doesn't belong here but I was hoping if any one had any idea.

The thing is that I have 6 CCTV set up in my office and the display at the reception displays all the CCTV footages.

The question I want to ask is can I display my company logo as a water mark on the display and further more can I display video related to the company along with the CCTV footage.

Hello every one. I am very sorry since the question I am asking doesn't belong here but I was hoping if any one had any idea.

The thing is that I have 6 CCTV set up in my office and the display at the reception displays all the CCTV footages.

The question I want to ask is can I display my company logo as a water mark on the display and further more can I display video related to the company along with the CCTV footage.

Hi. What part of the world are you in.

Displaying your full cctv system in your reception for public to view is against the law now in most countries.

But yes it is possible...... but a few things ..... company related video is only going to use more of your hard drive space

Keep things simple .... keep cctv system as a cctv system ........for company advertising in your reception just put up another screen .....a monitor that will play from a memory device such as pen or hard drive

PC based DVR or PC based NVR could put your company logo as an OSD when being displayed.