Sign in to follow this  
biddle

HELP!

Hello everyone.

Please could someone help me. I have \CCTV cameras at my home outside. My ex fiance installed them whilst we livd together. We have since split up and my concern is whether or not he is looking at the camera's still.

He use to be able to access them anywhere whilst we were together and nothing has changed CCTV wise at my home.

Im a single mother with a little boy and for piece of mind need to know whether or not they are being accessed.

I sought legal advise and was told that the company will give me that information yet to no avail.

My system is the alien dvr EKO.

I was told too look for a view log but dont think my system has that.

Please can someone help.

Thank you in advance,

Unless you too wish to view the property remotely you could always unplug it from the internet router.

Look at the back of the CCTV recorder DVR and look for a modular plug like the one pictuured below. Simply press the latch down and pull the plug out. Now the Images are not accessible outside your home.

268667_1.jpg268667_2.jpg

Alternatively, if you have the password to the DVR log in and under the advanced menu look for accounts. You should see a list if user accounts, simply identify the account the person you want to close out is likely to be using. If there aren't any accounts chances are he is using the admin account. IF thats so you could change the admin password but before you do please ensure you make a written record of the new password and store it somewhere safe.

Hi

Firstly thank you kindly for your help and expert advise. Sadly there is no advance thing to look at so cannot stop the user from using that but will definately change the password. he had it all set up in his details and when he left I had to ask for the password and address which only he knew and he had to give them to me in order for me to see the camera's,

What are the chances that he views the camera's. He is with someone else now and we dont have any contact but several people have said to me that he feels he would look at them still??

Hi

Firstly thank you kindly for your help and expert advise. Sadly there is no advance thing to look at so cannot stop the user from using that but will definately change the password. he had it all set up in his details and when he left I had to ask for the password and address which only he knew and he had to give them to me in order for me to see the camera's,

What are the chances that he views the camera's. He is with someone else now and we dont have any contact but several people have said to me that he feels he would look at them still??

Like numb said, just unplug that wire and you are done...this is only ONE such wire going to your dvr...whats the problem?

Sorry I dont understand when you say whats the problem?

I need to access my cameras so by pulling out the lead will it affect me seeing what I need too?

and as for wanting to know if he has been accessing the cameras or watching - I need this for my own resources and just wanted to ask if anyone could me with this information

Sorry I dont understand when you say whats the problem?

I need to access my cameras so by pulling out the lead will it affect me seeing what I need too?

and as for wanting to know if he has been accessing the cameras or watching - I need this for my own resources and just wanted to ask if anyone could me with this information

if you want to also be able to access the cameras then you need to change the password..and you should also change the dynamic dns address to something else...you may need to pay someone to do this for you.

IF he is looking at your cameras, unplug the ethernet plug, (you can't miss it) when you are home, and replace it when you go out.

He won't be able to access your cameras. He'll get bored and give up. PERSONALLY I think someone is playing with your mind.

JUST changing the account password or the DDNS hostname (or both) would do the trick.

I agree with these other posts that you will probably need a technician to do this for you but it's not a huge job

From a human perspective, I really don't believe that he is likely to be viewing the cameras especially if he

is now with a new partner (MOVED ON). Yes sure it's a possibility, but unlikely and frankly your cameras probably only look outwards from the property and are hopefully not inside your home viewing your every move (I sincerely hope not anyway) so there isn't much to be viewed anyway.

Don't overcomplicate this in your mind, or it will drive you mad. CCTV is there to provide peace of mind not to drive you mad.

HI, Thank you again for your help.

Yes I probably sound crazy but unfortunately my ex partner use to do covert survelliance and sadly I believe he cant help himself due to what I know.

However I will do as you suggest and appreciate all of your expert advise.

THank you again.