Sign in to follow this  
Skywatch

Hi from North Texas

Hello everybody. I'm new to surveillance systems. So here's how I got into surveillance, I've been a weather watcher for a while. Run a weather station for several years. I've run several webcams with my weather station to snap pictures of the current weather then upload to Wunderground.com. Then I became interested in what else is happening outside weather and non-weather related. Last year my neighbor had a vandal smash his windshield with a baseball bat and I caught him red handed. I'm becoming increasingly interested in what goes on outside my home.

This morning I bit the bullet on a 200$ system with 16 channels with 8 cameras included with 1TB hard drive. Pretty good deal on what normally goes for 300-500$. I plan to expand the system as I see needed. The system is a Tigersecu system on eBay. They don't seem to have a website but the seller had good reviews and I couldn't find any negative feedback. Good enough for me.

I should get the system next week. I'm excited. Looking forward to setting it up.

After exploring the forum doesn't look to be very active. Lots of topics with no replies. Is this a forum where if I have an issue I can get peer support from other users or am I on the wrong forum?

Howdy,

Also from North Texas... Also new to surveillance systems.

How did your purchase and install work out for you?

I am looking at installing some IP cameras.

I was considering going with Powerline adapters with POE injectors between the adapters and the cameras.

Hoping I could find someone with some experience with this set up on this forum.

Hope your install worked out and is keeping you and yours safe.

Best Regards.