wlpd735

Clinton Electronics & IC Realtime

My company is looking at bringing on another supplier. We have been looking at Clinton Electronics and IC Realtime.

Has any of you have much experience with either companies. If so can you tell me if you have run into any serious issues and how their tech support is. I am very worried about selling another brand outside of Pelco, Bosch or Axis.

I have heard Clinton is very basic easy to use equipment but the DVR's are common to fail.

I really haven't heard much on IC Realtime but I have read some good reviews online.

ICrealtime basically buys Dahua products and than puts their name on it and sells it for roughly 3x as much as you

can buy a Dahua product for. They are the biggest rip off ever. I worked for a company that sold ICrealtime and I

kept telling the manager to stop wasting money. I really felt he contacted a salesman at ICrealtime and told him

if he tells the owner of the company to use ICrealtime, he would get a kickback for every sale.

ICrealtime basically buys Dahua products and than puts their name on it and sells it for roughly 3x as much as you

can buy a Dahua product for. They are the biggest rip off ever. I worked for a company that sold ICrealtime and I

kept telling the manager to stop wasting money. I really felt he contacted a salesman at ICrealtime and told him

if he tells the owner of the company to use ICrealtime, he would get a kickback for every sale.

they dont re-badge at all infact you cant get dauha viewer to work with ic realtime.

its true dauha make a small select DVRs NVRs for ic but with there own software that will not work with dahua you find at the likes of costco.

I really haven't heard much on IC Realtime but I have read some good reviews online.

IC have been around for a long time around the world. a good sales point to your customers is direct to cloud storage as a good back up.

very good support in place and direct access to there FTP site.

Tom, can you explain why icrealtime products look exactly the same as dahua products, can you explain to me why the web

interface looks exactly as dahua web interface, and can you explain when I run my IP scan for both icrealtime and dahua

dvr's, the SAME name comes up which is ZHEJANG DAHUA TECH? If my ip scanner can't tell the difference between a

dahua dvr and ic realtime dvr, how can you say they icrealtime uses their own software. I think they pay dahua to install

their own private firmware, but believe it or not, I have plenty of icrealtime dvr's that I can log into with IDMSS on my iphone

and PSS on my PC. So, why in the world would someone use icrealtime products for 2-5x more money depends on what your

buying, rather than just buying dahua?

Wait, I aplogize, you are right Tom, as usual. ICrealtime does not rebadge. All of their products are their original products

and has nothing to do with Dahua. I bow down to you. You know it all.

214637_1.jpg

^^^^ Yea it's called support

I get FULL support for my dahua products from my local distributor. Even MORE than when I used to call ICrealtime.

In fact, when I used to call ICrealtime, 99 percent of the time I called tech support, a message would come on

saying they are over whelmed with calls and cannot answer the phone right now so leave your name and phone number

and we will call you back. Guess, what, they would call me back 7:00pm that day or the next day asking me if I

still need tech support! Awesome, gotta love that!

Can you read I DID SAY dahua make for ic realtime.

What I said was there software is not the same as the budget dahua.

Since you have dahua there ........post a image of dahua PSS with a axis camera or 2.4mp avermedia on it ...........you can with IC.

While your doing that direct your dahua to cloud ............if you have a dealer account then you sould also have access to there cloud storage

But as well as the dahua made recorders IC still do some of there own pro cameras and recorders. .......... They have been running 15 or so years before dahua even started (or should say changed there name)

I DO know how to read and quite well. You said IC does not rebadge at all. Well what do you call it when you buy something from someone, change it alittle bit, than put your name on it? I never said IC doesn't make their own stuff, but they do buy dahua and put their name on it and charge much more for the same product that dahu sells. I'm guessing you don't know how to read cause you love to twist my words around and even when I post an image for proof, you change the topic. But than again, you are always right, never wrong and I must bow down to you cause IC software can view different cameras that PSS cannot. So that means IC has nothing to do with dahua! I'm so sorry for even speaking! Please forgive me!

Edited by Guest

Ok . IC REAL. Have dahua make there recorders with OS only to be found on IC.

But the post was are IC a good company to deal with .........and yes they are ............take dahua recorders out of it all and you still have other good recorders and cameras which they sell world wide

We finally agree on something Tom! Break out the champagne!

I do agree IC has other products that are quality products and I do like their cloud thing. I don't know much about it yet since I haven't touched an IC product for over 6 months now. I just don't like their tech support reaction time. I have called them on occasion in the morning at a customers house in need of assistance and I had to leave a callback #. They didn't call me back till the evening and even sometimes the following day. For me that is unacceptable and an absolute reason to use another company.