Sign in to follow this  
jimmynarang

HIKVISION Recording problem

Hello members plz help on this,

I have Hikvision 8 channel dvr installed three years back. first 6 months the recording was going on smoothly but suddenly the recording has been stopped. I have replaced the HDD three times . Although when i connect the HDD to desktop, it runs normaly but when connected to DVR it dose not detects . Whats the problem ??. i called up the guy from service he says you have to replace the hdd with WD 1TB survillence (purple) . Plz suggest if i would replace the HDD with survillence is there any gurrantee that recording problem would be solved

@gadget assistance: I have not yet replaced unit's power adapter coz it came with DVR. Do you think the recrding problem is related to unit's power adapter?

@gadget assistance: I have not yet replaced unit's power adapter coz it came with DVR. Do you think the recrding problem is related to unit's power adapter?

Two times someone tells you to replace the power supply, and you need to ask it a third time?

Finally came with the solution. After a week long research .

Step 01. Downloaded latest firmware for particular dvr model. See www.hikvision.com

Step 02. Connected DVR HDD with my desktop and go to disk management (Windows 7). Delete the detected HDD there and then you would see the unallocated space of 465 GB(HDD is 500 GB Toshiba).Create new volume and give it particular label name. Select NTFS format (Hikvision supports NTFS). Now go to my computer and right click on the newly created and formatted HDD. Select first option check disk for errors. Further select Automatically repair any errors option. It would talk around 2-3 hours to check the disk and repair any errors.

Step 03. Copy and unzip the latest firmware you have downloaded into pendrive. Connect the pendrive to DVR. Switch on the dvr(donot connect HDD as its being diagnosed in your desktop). Login with your admin and goto maintenance. Select Upgrade and then further select the firmware with.dav extension. Click on upgrade. It would talk around 5-10 mins to upgrade. Now shutdown the dvr from the menu and power off. Unplug the pendrive.

Step 04. After your computer has finished diagnosing HDD . Shut down your windows. Power off your computer and unplug the HDD.

Step 05. Connect your HDD to DVR and switch on the whole CCTV system. Login with admin and goto HDD. Reformat it . Would talk around 5-10 mins. Goto to self test and select short test. Would talk around 15 mins. Then go back and reboot from the menu.

THE HIKVISION HDD PROBLEM HAS BEEN FULLY SOLVED. NO NEED TO PURCHASE SURVILLANCE HDD .