yanderra

Neighbour from Hell!

Hi everyone

I am a total novice with cctv surveillance however my interest has been severely peeked in the last couple of days as I have found that my neighbour has a cctv system trained directly onto my bedroom window. I am an Aussie and I have checked out local legislation which states that this behaviour is ok unless audio is being recorded. Thus the question is....Is this an audio plug in? Any advise at all would be very much appreciated

Have a great day and thanks for reading this post. :-

CCTV.thumb.jpg.57f72467ce87f8b11a8a28dd7cfd804d.jpg

Hi. Yes it is audio

But audio is normally not a problem on a domestic house. Don't get confused about public space audio.

As far as there camera looking into your bedroom that alone should be a police complaint.

But two cheap IR flood lights and put them inside your bedroom window.... They show no light but will blind his camera at night.

296359_1.jpg

Hi tomcctv. Thank you so much for your reply.

My home is also my work place. I am a semi-retired clinical psychologist and I consult with patients in a separate office at the back of my house. So maybe I can get him here.

He has another camera trained down the side of his house and towards my office which would be around 30 metres away.

Could you please advise how sensitive this audio might be and if it can pick up speech clearly if I have the windows and doors shut?

Thank you for the advise about the IR floodlights. This may help but the situation still means I have to have my curtains drawn all day. He also often trains two floodlights onto my bedroom windows all night or bangs a garbage tin lid at 6.00 a.m. in the morning.

The Police say it is a Council matter and the Council say it is a civil matter. This has been going on for over 4 months. I haven't slept properly for a long time and am now feeling quite ill. I have engaged a solicitor and we are arranging for an Apprehended Personal Violence Order to be placed against this deranged human being.

This is all because I bought a motorhome and the Council granted me a development application so I can build a carport for it at the side of my house!!!

Cheers and thank you again.

If you are within the USA there are peeping Tom rules espacially if feeling threatened. Let the neighbor know however i would not do that as they are bound to accuse you of anything especially if they have camera footage. Call the police and start a paper trail.

Thanks for the advise however I live in Australia so we have different legislation. Nothing to cover cctv and private residences. I have read some people carry umbrellas in their own backyards to stop neighbours photographing them. I am afraid that the law hasn't kept up the technology. Having the same problem now with drones. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. Have a great day!

Gosh, OZ...I hope that your solicitor has been of help to you. In the USA, my family and I have had a terrible time as well with a neighbor from hell. One cannot reason with these people. They are "off" in the head and will try and make your life miserable, they get off on it. We have been enduring crap for 7.5 years and will be selling our house. You may not be able to leave your residence, so enduring this you will need to learn how to counter their behaviour. Are you able to afford a Private Investigator to do some sweeping of your neighbor's camera surveillance, etc.? Can you afford to buy a security camera yourself? CCTV/security cameras are a MUST when living next to a NFH!! Law enforcement does nothing here in our area. We have a solicitor (lawyer as well). We hope to sell our house and move away. We are doing this for our sanity and safety. Trust your gut instinct about these people and realize that something could trigger them to become dangerous. These NFH can be unpredictable. Also, audio is legal in some US states, like the one I live in...put up wind chimes or use some white or pink noise to counter his audio recording.

Hi Illusion

I am so sorry to hear about your plight. After 7 odd years I can quite understand your decision to move but it is a sad world when one is forced to leave your own home. I could sell but I have spent a lot of money getting my house just as I want it. I am semi-retired now and have been doing a lot of work on my home to make it a cosy little nest to spend the rest of my days in. My home is my castle! My gut instinct tells that these sort of people are pitiful gutless wonders who live boring mundane lives and jealous of others to get out to make the best of each day. I am a single lady so they think I am fair game. Maybe I need to employ some bikies to come around for an occasional visit every now and then! Anyway where ever you go I hope that you find some lovely people as there are still lots of them about. All the very best of luck to you and your family.

Yanderra,

Yeah, NFH will know your weaknesses, so do be careful! I would advise you to get in some "heavies/bikes" to come around at different times. We bought a house that was a total remodel job, it was in horrible condition! Think the worse and it was worse than that! ha! ha! The house is too big for us and we want a smaller home and like you, we did so many things to make this house awesome but we cannot live here, we are dealing with a couple who are he** bent on trying to destroy us and they have a number of people in this neighborhood who harass as well, stalk us but they do things in an underhanded way so one cannot pin anything on them per se. You keep well and safe. I love the ideas on this board too, the one way above about turning lights towards their lights....counter their behaviour.