Sign in to follow this  
nrnoble

Hi, looking for a good video security system

Hi I am president of a small condo association (32 units). We are investigating video security options for our complex. Because we are small, often we do things ourselves, other times we hire professionals.

ATM, we are trying to determine between hiring a professional to install security system of 8 outdoor cameras, and doing it ourselves. So far we have 1 quote to install 4 camera system for $1500. We got other quotes that were several thousand, beyond what we can afford to spend.

I have installed a cheap zmodo camera system as tempory test system help evaluate our needs. The ease-of-use of this system does not meet our requirements but may work as a secondary system to monitor areas of minor concern.

Install it yourself. There will be a learning curve and you'll make some mistakes. But when you are done, you will be better prepared to handle any problems yourself instead of calling the company to come out.

https://www.lorextechnology.com/hd-ip-security-camera-system/high-definition-security-surveillance-system-with-8-cameras/LN10802-168W-1-p

Thanks. I shall put that system on our list for consideration. For the hardwareware we have budgeted $1000.

I agreed doing it ourselves would save us money and long term we'd be better off not having to rely on outside professionals.

The last quote we got started off at $2000, which only covered getting AC power to one location so we had AC power for a couple outdoor cameras. Their plan was to do everything wirelessly using some new laser technology between cameras and DVR. I am sure it was high-quality system, but they were suggesting something that would cost us $4000 - $5000. After doing the walk through, they said they'd give a quote, but we never heard back.

D*mn nearly paying for labor when your better off installing them on your own.

I just order a set of 8 cameras of1080p for $408 shipped !

After catching their 4th of July sale for $374

but expect 12-15 business days when I'm still waiting..

Also.. I still need to order an LPR camera to catch the license plate(s)

including license plate reconitgion software & desktop PC

Buying the security cameras directly from a manufacturer and intalling them on your own is saving you a lot of money.

Wifi security kit is easy to install but it is not that stable when comparing with that professional combination of IP HD cameras + H.265 NVR or 4 in 1 (TVI/CVI/AHD/CVBS)+ 5 in 1 DVR.