I am a CCTV/Fire/Burg business owner. I have sub-contracted for the same company for about 3 years now, while working up under their licensing and that all abruptly changed about 3 months ago. I haven't had any work in over 3 months and I have a family to feed. The company never told me what was going on and just dropped it in my lap like 3 weeks ago. I have worked in TX, MS, GA, SC, NC, TN, and the list goes on. I have a small crew of 2 guys that do most of my work and the jobs can range anywhere from 8k to 35k. I have made over 400k since I started but now things have grinded to a halt. I am desperately looking for a license and someone willing to work something out to rent there license out or whatever could be worked out. Does your license cover CCTV/Burg/Fire? Have to be able to pull a permit. Thank you for your time. Willing to pay 10% of project compensation, as an example, $30,000 job would pay $3,000. We made 200k last year. Seeking licenses in the following states: TX, MS, GA, SC, NC, TN, AR, ALA.

How would that work ........ Use another company licence ........ Use that company to pull permits (which would be in that company name) and liabilities would be with the licence holder.

You get $27k No liability licence holder gets $3k and any problems ....... How does warranty and invoicing workout. How does insurance work when permits are not in your company.

Let the licence holders in those States keep there work get the contracts .

Because like YOU said they also have kids to feed.

We will see.

Just done a check on your company ............why do you not have a licence for your own state ??

$400k last year ......... Why not get your own licence for your state and then extend its state use.

Not to mention, when I first started there were no license requirements for low voltage/CCTV in my state.

Licence for tx has been in place over 10 years

No such thing as contractor / subcontractor without a licence in TX

So as in the other post about insurance ........ You can't cover it

I am a CCTV/Fire/Burg business owner. I have sub-contracted for the same company for about 3 years now, while working up under their licensing and that all abruptly changed about 3 months ago. I haven't had any work in over 3 months and I have a family to feed. The company never told me what was going on and just dropped it in my lap like 3 weeks ago. I have worked in TX, MS, GA, SC, NC, TN, and the list goes on. I have a small crew of 2 guys that do most of my work and the jobs can range anywhere from 8k to 35k. I have made over 400k since I started but now things have grinded to a halt. I am desperately looking for a license and someone willing to work something out to rent there license out or whatever could be worked out. Does your license cover CCTV/Burg/Fire? Have to be able to pull a permit. Thank you for your time. Willing to pay 10% of project compensation, as an example, $30,000 job would pay $3,000. We made 200k last year. Seeking licenses in the following states: TX, MS, GA, SC, NC, TN, AR, ALA.

Sorry had to put your post back .......... Otherwise no one know what is being discussed