Sign in to follow this  
bigoliver

Hi from Yorkshire, UK

Hello everyone,

I currently have a 1080p hybrid set up of 4x analogue Sannce CCTV cameras and 3x generic IP ONVIF cameras. Its a cheap setup but produces some surprisingly excellent quality footage.

I am moving house and I'm in the market to upgrade to a 10+ poe ip camera set up. I like gadgets and Im happy to invest a few thousand pounds into a good setup. Im currently looking at 4K Dahua and Hikvison NVR and camera set up. I am still open to the idea of other brands and have just heard about Milesight which also looks good? I understand Andy "EMPIRETECANDY" at AliExpress is a good place to buy Dahua

I intend to read as much of this forum as I can. I will no doubt have a lot of questions that I hope the good people of this forum will be able to help me with.

I'm going to get reading this great forum now.

Thanks, Oliver

Hi. Why buy from China if your in Yorkshire

Do you need to have 8mp on every camera ?

Hi TomCCTV,

Thanks for your reply.

I guess I'd be happy with 5mp or less on many of the cameras.

I believe I'd get a much better deal buying my camera set up, on AliExpress and they have a good range of dahua products. That's the reasons why I wanted to buy from China. I think all, or atleast most, CCTV systems come from China anyway?

Hi. Why buy from China if your in Yorkshire

Do you need to have 8mp on every camera ?

Hi TomCCTV,

Thanks for your reply.

I guess I'd be happy with 5mp or less on many of the cameras.

I believe I'd get a much better deal buying my camera set up, on AliExpress and they have a good range of dahua products. That's the reasons why I wanted to buy from China. I think all, or atleast most, CCTV systems come from China anyway?

Hi. Buying from the likes of aliexpress eBay .... means no warranty no updates .... price is good if you only want it to last a few months.

Then your budget ... 2k for a 16 way 4k system ... you want to record to nvr plus backup storage is HD space in your budget ..... 16 way managed switch is that in your budget .

Also your uk ... and as of this month you are going to have to pay duty same with the USA sometime next month.

You need to find out if buying gray market or the real thing. Both dahua and hik have blokes gray market being used on there new software so if gray you are on old software and short life products