mjburks

Win8 on Dell 9020 with GV1480 100% CPU

I have two identical pc's, Dell optiplex 9020s. I5 and 8MB ram

Intel on board graphics. OS on one drive then separate 3TB hard drives.

one has win7PRO the other win8PRO.

i was going to put win7 on both but decided to give Win8 a try.

The win7 works fine, with 2-gv1480 cards. it is using 7-25%CPU.

The win8 is crawling with 1-gv1480 card. it is maxed out at 100%CPU.

the process CCServer is using over 70% CPU and multicam is getting whats left.

I have turned off control center server, but it does not go away. If i kill it in task manager, it starts back. I do have CenterV2 and web server running. ALL of those are running on the WIN7 pc with no problem.

I can put Win7 on it and be done with it, just thought someone here may have run into this before with a fix.

My solution is more extreme. I had this happen to the 1240 card on a windows xp bare bones version and thought it was the machine, not the soft ware. I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the GV software. My guess is it was a glitchy install or it resets a default setting. I would try this as a last resort...

Im actually about to do this again as I am having issues in the thread just below this one on getting the software to properly accept a new camera, and I am sure I have buggered up the settings....

Are you using Task Manager to monitor CPU usage?

If so, this is a bug, not sure if its a Windows issue or a GV issue(or a combination...) but I've noticed after installing GV on Win8 that the Task Manager will read constant 100%. If you check with a different utility such as Windows' perfmon or 3rd party tool CoreTemp you will see the CPU is not actually maxed.

Here is a pic from a DVR showing the difference between what Task Manager reports and what Perfmon reports:

Capture.thumb.PNG.3dea20fadd099246e07632abdc5ccb6d.PNG

its fair to say that if you are able to continue to do work on your system and it seems like its not slowing down anything, its likely a bug.

Purely Aesthetic.

-Tony