Vinnie

GV-800 and Video Lost Messages

I suppose I get Idiot of the year award for thinking I was getting a great deal at 180.00 for a "Genuine" GV-800 card with software and black/blue cables to connect 16 cameras. I finally got the 8.12 software for Vista and loaded, It loaded fine, but will not display video. It's kinda funny, If you have Good video coming in on a BNC connector off the dongle it shows up black on the channel on the screen for about 10-15 secs and then goes to "Video Lost". I've tried putting this card in an XP machine and loading 8.01, I get the same symptom. I've compared a Genuine Geovision GV-800 card with this eBay wonder and it looks absolutely identical (Except it does not have the barcode on the back that Geovision support was asking for). I'm not sure if the barcode has to be there to be Genuine for a GV-800, If so, then I've been had. Has anyone seen this issue of a black square on the camera that actually has video, and then 10 secs later it goes to "Video Lost"? I can move the Signal to another BNC on the dongle and the problem will follow. I've tried 3 different 'good' video sources, same thing. I have it set to NTSC (Not PAL), and have all channels selected (to monitor). Help....

Seen Similar to that .. bad connections, incompatible Motherboard Chipset, video card issues ..

What are the PC's specs?

For $180 for 16 channels and GV800 I imagine it is a used card?

If not then for certain it is a pirated card. Did it come with the "nice" GeoVision Book and CD/DVD, and what version software came on the CD?

New cards dont come with Dongles anymore BTW.

possibly a counterfeit card.. geo has this detection tool with version 8.12 which corrupts counterfeit card with such symptom (upgrade to v8.12 camera goes black screen then video lost) take clear photo of front and back of your card and send it in to geo for verification

I have the same problem, but my system has worked fine for 2 years , just started acting up have tried reloading drivers and everthing but still does the same thing.

i can make my gv800 card do the black screen signal lost thing by enabling the power saving features of the asus motherboard. running full chipset voltages and gv800 works fine.

Seen Similar to that .. bad connections, incompatible Motherboard Chipset, video card issues ..

What are the PC's specs?

For $180 for 16 channels and GV800 I imagine it is a used card?

If not then for certain it is a pirated card. Did it come with the "nice" GeoVision Book and CD/DVD, and what version software came on the CD?

New cards dont come with Dongles anymore BTW.

rory, can you elaborate on this?

all cards i have bought from an online vendor, not fake cards, come with the dongles.

what i have noticed is that i have an option to get the DVI connectors that have cameras 1-16 on the same dvi dongle. the systems i had in the past came with 1-8 on the black vga connector and then 9-16 on the blue vga connector.

thanks.

all cards i have bought from an online vendor, not fake cards, come with the dongles.

what i have noticed is that i have an option to get the DVI connectors that have cameras 1-16 on the same dvi dongle. the systems i had in the past came with 1-8 on the black vga connector and then 9-16 on the blue vga connector.

thanks.

Hi,well the post is from 2007, but still I havent seen any cards yet that come with a dongle. I cant vouch for the 8.3.2+ though and Ive only installed 8.3 once when I had no choice (yes i prefer 8.12 so the older ones will stay with that). I understand you might need one if you are paying for 3rd party IP camera support. Are you sure you are not getting a "dongle" mixed up with the "pigtail"?

thanks.

Hi,well the post is from 2007, but still I havent seen any cards yet that come with a dongle. I cant vouch for the 8.3.2+ though and Ive only installed 8.3 once when I had no choice (yes i prefer 8.12 so the older ones will stay with that). I understand you might need one if you are paying for 3rd party IP camera support. Are you sure you are not getting a "dongle" mixed up with the "pigtail"?

i might be...what is a dongle?

i am talking about the black vga 1-8 and blue 9-16 blue cable (with VGA Connector)...i assumed that was the dongle?

also, i did buy a newer system that had 1-16 on ONE dvi connector.

i have purchased a range of systems 7.x up to 8.3 all with the cables/dongles i described above.

but you might be right, i might be mixing up dongle with something else.

i just got a card last week...PCIe on the card itself (for the mobo) and i got the black 1-8 anf blue 9-16 cables, with VGA connector into the geo card.

thanks

No thats the pigtail, a dongle is something with a hardware ID used in software authorization, such as a USB dongle or previously a Parallel port dongle. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dongle

Example, here is one I have used in the Past for my own software:

http://www.keylok.com/

ahh, ok, gotcha.

yes, you are correct then, i can verify this.

i had a system with the old 6.0 software, maybe early 7.x that had a dongle...my mistake.

thank you, i learned something. for me, it doesnt matter, my customers dont know what a dongle or pigtail is, however, i am a little embarrassed since i couldn't tell between the 2.

i can make my gv800 card do the black screen signal lost thing by enabling the power saving features of the asus motherboard. running full chipset voltages and gv800 works fine

i am also have problem with video lost, and my motherboard is ASUS, can u tell how do it with asus mainboard?? help