bitjockey

Timed creation of .JPGs with Geovision?

Just joined this forum while trying to find a solution to my GV-808 v7.05 requirements. My 3-camera system is located at my remote cabin, only slow dialup access with a local ISP. I would like my cabin's system to snapshot a .JPG file from each camera on a daily basis, and email them to me. Nice to know how much snow is up there, whether it's raining, etc.

I know I can config the Geovision to send email alerts, but that's only possible if motion-triggered -- I can't use motion, as all cameras point outside, moving branches, birds, etc...no way of masking them out.

From what I can tell, 2 ways to do this: a) brute force, by running a timed script on the DVR system which runs a local browser, automatically filling in the needed forms to access each camera, snapshotting them, creating the needed .JPGs in the Webtemp directory, then dialing my ISP and mailing the JPG attachments. Or b), figure out a direct way of deriving .JPGs from the GV board and emailing these.

Anyone have any experience/ideas on how to do this?

thanks

On my geo 8.1 system, I have it configured to dump jpgs of each camera every 10 seconds to an ftp site, which in my case is another machine in my network. You might be able to setup ftp on your cctv machine then have it send the jpgs to itself, then grab those pics and email them to yourself every hour or whenever. I upgraded from 7.05 a while ago, and I think I used the ftp option under the webcam setup for that version as well.

Hi, not sure if any of the built in geo features will do that, but here is another idea, if you know VB (or other language) you could create a small program that takes one of the AVI files, converts it to BMPs, stops on the first one though so you dont waste CPU and Memory with the other 200+ Images it would create from the AVI .. then convert that BMP to Jpg, and email that to you.

You could just use Windows Scheduling to set it when to run.

Rory, CMF, thanks for your suggestions. The FTP approach sounds easy enough, I saw the FTP functionality, but it never dawned on me to set it up that way. Not too experienced with VB, I'm more of a low-level systems developer (assembler, C), but that would be easy too.

Hi,

I'd tried to search for this but cannot find the exact answer.

I'd installed Gv-1240 (8.5.9) and it's will create WebTemp folder automatically. Currently I take the static image in jpg (inside webtemp folder) to ftp server using filezilla. I tried to search for interval setting on the DVR which the jpg were snap but no luck. Currently the jpg will change(overwrite) every 1 minutes I guess and I want to change it to every 5 or 10 sec.

Does anyone have any idea to that.

Thanks in advance.