shanekennedy

how do you email just intrusions & not motion detections

You need an IO card so that GV can get input from your intrusion detection system. That system could be a full blown alarm system or as simple as a Voice Alert system. VA is a wireless system what uses up to 6 zones covered by IR sensors. Relatively cheap, but it goes through 9V batteries every couple of months.

The way my system is hooked up, I get an email on my smart phone when anyone gets near the house. I see a lot of cats walking around, the UPS guy, the meter reader, my wife leaving for work, etc. Exciting stuff like that.

for intrusion, i'm using

configure->video analysis->counter/intrusion alarm setting->configure->alarm tab

so when an object passes from zone 1 to zone 2, an intrusion event is triggered

this works fine & emails me the alerts

problem is, i get email for every motion event also, i just want the intrusion emails

Hmm. Another new feature for geovision.

If you are getting emails on motion look at general Setting -> System config -> Camera Record Setting. Monitor Control, Invoke to send alerts. I don't use either motion detection or intrusion for email alerts, but that might be the setting you need to turn off. I would think that Intruder Detect would be handled through the more general Alert setup in the general Config.

invoke-to-send-alerts under monitor-control was already turned off

under the general tab under send-event-alerts is where i have enable intruder-event

how about under each camera, do you have "register motion event"? maybe that is triggering it. Also, under scheduling, there is an option to turn off email triggered by motion detection.

register motion event was disabled

however, email was enabled under scheduling, that might be the secret

i searched every crook & crevice under configuration button, never considered options under schedule button

will let you know how it goes

thanks

Hi!

I know - way to revive a dead thread...

I'm having the same issue as the OP though.

Thing is, I'm not using any schedules, all cameras are on around-the-clock recording.

Could some one please go into more detail how this was resolved??

tia,

Tom.

you can still use round-the-clock under scheduled recording

under the configuration-button -> system-config -> startup, set auto-monitoring to schedule-monitor

then under the schedule-button -> edit-schedule, create a schedule & set the monitor-invoke drop down to round-the-clock