boblobsta

GV1480 Counterfeit msg on legit card?!?

Howdy guys,

I have a odd problem that has arisen lately on one of my gv dvr systems.

The system is running a gv1480 card, Winxp sp3, intel i3, asus motherboard w/ intel chipset, nvidia 7600 video card.

The system has been running for about 6 weeks since a format / reinstall with no problems at all, suddenly i'm now getting the infamous "Your may be a victim of a counterfeit card" message intermittently, and geo closes.

Geo system is 8.3.4.0 - card firmware is (now) 1.55

Card is definitely not counterfeit, has been in use on this site for approx 1 year in different system configs.

My troubleshooting so far - Replace motherboard/cpu/RAM/HDD's.

Format / reinstall windows and geovision software - whilst reinstalling geovision 8.3.4.0 it wanted to upgrade card firmware so I changed the hardware jumper on the card and upgraded from 1.42 to 1.55 then put the jumper back.

Any tips / tricks to try get this card back on track?

The card was installed by the previous CCTV contractor so getting a card replacement will be time-consuming, hence it is my last option.

As always your knowledge and insight is greatly appreciated, hopefully someone can save me here!!

-Bob W

update:

Firmware update seems to be the root of my problem, I cannot get the card to firmware correctly update.

The GV card has a 3 pin jumper with the following config - PIN 1-2 (NORM) PIN 2-3 (UPDATE).

so the card was set to NORM and firmware wouldn't update properly - I didn't know there was a jumper for firmware at this point (and the "gvfpaup.exe" said "Update succeed").

so then I put the pin to UPDATE and performed the update, all good, but when returning the pin to NORM after doing the update - the firmware goes back to 1.42.00 ??????

Leaving the jumper on UPDATE keeps reporting 1.55.00, but I still have counterfeit errors in GV ??!?!?!

ARGH

I noticed via remote view that the card was screwing up the video inputs heavily.

In 1 camera window it would display a spliced version of two camera inputs, so that meant a card fault.

This was not displaying in live view on the Geo system, only via remote view and via log view.

Card has been removed and replaced with a new 1480A whilst the other one travels around for a few weeks on a warranty journey

-Bob W

All these problems are only appear then used the Chinese board (not original).

Chinese GV-1480(or any other) are work properly only with software that comes with the kit.

The problems begin after software upgrading and firmware updating.

This question is solved by the seller.

The problem is that the 8 version of GV boards keys stored in the card, in my opinion it is a small chip in the lower right corner, on my сршз markings erased.

To avoid such problems, it is necessary to block access to the Internet, it is suspected that it somehow provides verification and in case of detection of counterfeit product it writes or erase something in firmware and as a result - we have all these problems.

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=22474&start=0&hilit=horizontal

This topic is the same problem, just no one knows what the problem is in counterfeit product

All these problems are only appear then used the Chinese board (not original).

Chinese GV-1480(or any other) are work properly only with software that comes with the kit.

The problems begin after software upgrading and firmware updating.

This question is solved by the seller.

The problem is that the 8 version of GV boards keys stored in the card, in my opinion it is a small chip in the lower right corner, on my сршз markings erased.

To avoid such problems, it is necessary to block access to the Internet, it is suspected that it somehow provides verification and in case of detection of counterfeit product it writes or erase something in firmware and as a result - we have all these problems.

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=22474&start=0&hilit=horizontal

This topic is the same problem, just no one knows what the problem is in counterfeit product

Hello, i´m new in this page, i have the same problem. The board works perfectly about 6 weeks an then the messege og a false board appear. Do you know how to fix it ?

I´m from Argentina and this is the second board i installed in that machine. I have the same problem with the two boards. Please help me, my costumer it´s very angry with my service.

Thanks in advance!!

I´m from Argentina and this is the second board i installed in that machine. I have the same problem with the two boards. Please help me, my costumer it´s very angry with my service.

Thanks in advance!!

Hi buying cheap geo means counterfeit.

Please help me, my costumer it´s very angry with my service.

the problem (being the installer / seller) the cost is yours as there is no support for fake cards.

update:

Firmware update seems to be the root of my problem, I cannot get the card to firmware correctly update.

The GV card has a 3 pin jumper with the following config - PIN 1-2 (NORM) PIN 2-3 (UPDATE).

so the card was set to NORM and firmware wouldn't update properly - I didn't know there was a jumper for firmware at this point (and the "gvfpaup.exe" said "Update succeed").

so then I put the pin to UPDATE and performed the update, all good, but when returning the pin to NORM after doing the update - the firmware goes back to 1.42.00 ??????

Leaving the jumper on UPDATE keeps reporting 1.55.00, but I still have counterfeit errors in GV ??!?!?!

ARGH

I am having the SAME problem as you are. I tried everything, the card got sent back to geovision and they told me it couldnt be fixed, they claim it had a bad chip and they dont have any more chips. go figure... i say B.S.! so I keep messing around with the card and install orginal 8.2 version for the gv-1480 card. had some problems with cant find keypro nonsense, then I reinstalled the drivers to a newer driver from version 8.5 but still kept the version 8.2 software. hey guess what! the card works! no more counterfeit message after 1hr of run time! i havent tried the latest software 8.5.3 yet. i sure it will be the same crap. I tried 8.4 and i am getting the counterfeit message also. now the problem comes in with, I have 8.2 in order to run the card however I want to buy some newer ip cameras and 8.2 doesnt support them! so bottom line is that they have a software issue that they cant fix! im trying to relay this message over to geovision but all i get is a dead end and dead end! support on this product sucks! all the tech guys know how to do is blame it on your pc, or windows, or mother nature! or whatever else that they can come up with!

I want to buy some newer ip cameras and 8.2 doesnt support them! so bottom line is that they have a software issue that they cant fix! im trying to relay this message over to geovision but all i get is a dead end and dead end! support on this product sucks! all the tech guys know how to do is blame it on your pc, or windows, or mother nature! or whatever else that they can come up with!

if you buy the update via dongle then you can ... but if you have a counterfiet then you have no chance.

I want to buy some newer ip cameras and 8.2 doesnt support them! so bottom line is that they have a software issue that they cant fix! im trying to relay this message over to geovision but all i get is a dead end and dead end! support on this product sucks! all the tech guys know how to do is blame it on your pc, or windows, or mother nature! or whatever else that they can come up with!

if you buy the update via dongle then you can ... but if you have a counterfiet then you have no chance.

i dont have any dongles are they needed? i dont have a counterfeit card, its real and verified from geovison.

what does the dongle do?

i dont have any dongles are they needed? i dont have a counterfeit card, its real and verified from geovison.

what does the dongle do?

The Dongle is for IP licenses and Control Center Licenses.

184818_1.jpg

1. Install Software geovision 8.2 en C:\GV1480-82 (INSTALL DRIVER)

Es posible que la tarjeta NO inicie por la KEY

2. Install Software geovision 8.3 en C:\GV1480-83

3. Run GvUSB.exe (Software Geovision 8.2)

4. Run Software Geovision 8.2

1. Install Software geovision 8.2 en C:\GV1480-82 (INSTALL DRIVER)

Es posible que la tarjeta NO inicie por la KEY

2. Install Software geovision 8.3 en C:\GV1480-83

3. Run GvUSB.exe (Software Geovision 8.2)

4. Run Software Geovision 8.2

Dongle Dongle Dongle!

update:

ARGH

I am having the SAME problem as you are. I tried everything, the card got sent back to geovision and they told me it couldnt be fixed, they claim it had a bad chip and they dont have any more chips. go figure... i say B.S.! so I keep messing around with the card and install orginal 8.2 version for the gv-1480 card. had some problems with cant find keypro nonsense, then I reinstalled the drivers to a newer driver from version 8.5 but still kept the version 8.2 software. hey guess what! the card works! no more counterfeit message after 1hr of run time! i havent tried the latest software 8.5.3 yet. i sure it will be the same crap. I tried 8.4 and i am getting the counterfeit message also. now the problem comes in with, I have 8.2 in order to run the card however I want to buy some newer ip cameras and 8.2 doesnt support them! so bottom line is that they have a software issue that they cant fix! im trying to relay this message over to geovision but all i get is a dead end and dead end! support on this product sucks! all the tech guys know how to do is blame it on your pc, or windows, or mother nature! or whatever else that they can come up with!

Hello,

Please refer to the Q&A on our forum

http://www.usavisionsys.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=91&p=91&hilit=counterfeit#p91

If the issue persists,

please feel free to contact our tech support, we would love to troble shoot for you.

Tech support (949) 583-1519#2 or

Live chat http://www.usavisionsys.com/ or

Email: support@usavisionsys.com

update:

ARGH

Hi,

can you give me a link for download the software?