Sign in to follow this  
leur

"this software is incompatible with your location" error

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, recently I've encountered error in geovision saying that "this software is incompatible with your location". I've already installed geovision before but didn't encountered that problem. I'm using windows xp SP2 and already tried windows xp home edition but I got no luck. Anybody already encountered this problem and fixed it? Thnx in advance.

Btw, My card is 6 ports GV-600 ver. 4.3. I already used version 8.3 and 8.3.11 of geovision software but still I get that error.

thanx...

leur

Yeah welcome to our world... geovisions "official" answer... format the machine and reinstall everything. Seems to be their answer for EVERYTHING.

I had this with 8.3.1 and two PCI cards. I installed a PCI and PCI Express card and upgraded to 8.4 and it seemed to solve the problem, however their mcam controller software still crashes and causes the whole dvr to lock up... cant win

Already tried reformatting the HDD then install new XP, tried another HDD, also tried 8.4 version but I still have that error. I have already send an e-mail to geovision's tech support and replied me with instructions on what to do but I got no luck. So, they advised me that I have to send them the card for it may be defective and they will repair it. I can't use the the card for now...

I feel your pain. I've had them even say it could be my hardware (same hardware i've used for the past year suddenly stops working)

GeoVision is a great product, when it works, but let me tell ya, after 5 years installing them they still have a list of bugs... and the bugs are serious ones. 8.4 seemed to have fixed a lot but there are still quite a few (i wionder if they ever fixed the infamous auth server crashing)

right now my pet peeve is their mcam controller software that controls the ptzs freezes every few days

Heres an update, still had the same issue with the client. I even went and replaced the entire DVR with a new one, using a different OS. Same issue. So now i replaced the system, a 3rd time. Gave them two new cards even. So far so good this time around.

GeoVision tech talked to me today. Said it might be a bad chip on the card itself or a bad PCI slot. Since it happens on multiple systems, im thinking bad chip on board. He said to RMA it if it happens constantly.

Make sure you install the software in "C:/Program Files" but not the default "C:/"

Created this account just to answer this (Y)