Adam Daley

Motherboard Issue

So im having some issues wondering if anybody knows anything.

I build DVR's all day long, you guys know that. I switched from the P4 chipset to the i3 and i7 1156 chipset a while ago. Had great results. Much faster systems and great stability. I was using a Gigabyte GA-H55-USB3 motherboard which has a Intel H55 chipset. Worked wonderfully. Unfortunatly for some reason my distributor stopped selling that particular motherboard. So recently I picked up a few Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3-B3. About same price, gave me an extra PCI Express 2.0 slot which is nice, one less PCI but thats okay i rarely if ever used 3 pci slots. Well our first build was fine, we had 2 1120-16-A cards. The builds today however had issues. I typically in a 32 system use 1 800-16 PCI and 1 800-16 PCI Express. Well it used to work but today my guys could NOT get the system to boot with a PCI card in. They tried 3 motherboards, all using 1 800-16 PCI card, nothing worked. I ended up giving them another 800-16 PCI Express card i had, worked just fine. So it seems im having an issue with that motherboard. Its using a Intel Z68 chipset. So right now im going to try a Gigabyte GA-P67A-D3-B3 which uses a Intel P67 chipset. Looks like same board as im have now, only different chipset. Its also about $10 cheaper.

Anybody have experience like I have???

Huh, does sound like a mobo-specific problem... Are you sure the PCI card wasn't bad/malfunctioning?

P67 has OC enabled, and cannot use the built-in graphics. H67 has OC disabled, and can use the built-in graphics. Z68 is supposed to be the best of both... If you go with P67, remember you will have to use a separate graphics card.

For DVR systems, I don't see any need to OC - H67 or Z68 seem to be the way to go, and I'd lean toward H67 because you won't pay extra for the OC ability.

Just purchase the same board you were using from here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128421

The Egg is a great place to buy all of your PC componets from. Actually the ONLY place!!!!

While early adoption is great in most anything to do with IT --- we usually prefer to stay 6 months behind any new IT technology, hardware or OS! Of course it get's difficult when parts become unavailable - but we have also seen this issue repeatedly.

We specifically use Seavo industrial DVR motherboards and would not normally use an off the shelf PC MB

I usually don't change things when they work. Unfortatly we use full size ATX boards because we use the extra pci express and pci slots. Sometimes I put rad cards in, sometimes additional video cards.

I was happy about making the change to a new board, because the new board im using has 2 pci express 2.0 slots which is great for 2nd graphics or a raid card.

I ALWAYS use an after-market graphics card, never on-board. IN fact, the old motherboards i used had onboard graphics (DVI/VGA/DVI) but ONLY worked if you used an i3/i5 chipset, not with i7s which was odd... so we never utilized them anyway. But again, i use a Radeon HD 4350 graphics card, have been using the same one for the past 3-4 years now. $40 video card and it does just fine for the DVR needs.

Just purchase the same board you were using from here [edit by mod-store link removed]

The Egg is a great place to buy all of your PC componets from. Actually the ONLY place!!!!

Except they sell cctv equipment now so cant link to them

Also need a US credit card and US address to buy from them (in our case)

sandy bridge chipset mb use a pci bridge chip, many people are having trouble with this, do not use these.

Just purchase the same board you were using from here [edit by mod-store link removed]

Except they sell cctv equipment now so cant link to them

Also need a US credit card and US address to buy from them (in our case)

I noticed that last night. They really don't have anything worth a crap, except some cheap enclosures, but who doesn't.

Rory, if you had those, would it still be worth it for you to buy from them even after paying shipping and all of the other fees?

I noticed that last night. They really don't have anything worth a crap, except some cheap enclosures, but who doesn't.

Rory, if you had those, would it still be worth it for you to buy from them even after paying shipping and all of the other fees?

definitely worth it, cant beat their prices on computer parts and monitors.

For example, my Parents just bought a 15" LCD TV here for $240!!

Imagine what they could have got from them for that price

Ofcourse 7 eleven probably could have sold them a better LCD TV for that price too.

They work great for PCI Express.

Which is Sandy Bridge? How do i know whats what?

EDIT: I see now. Yeah we're buying the 1155 chips which are Sandy Bridge. I used to use the 1156 which was Clarkdale but as i said, the motherboard i used no longer is being sold. And I prefer Gigabyte motherboards since they've always worked for me, and id rather not have to re-do all my ghost images and find new compatible hardware.

I have used Asus a few times in the past, back when I had issues with dual cards... anybody have anything to say about the ASUS P7P55D-E LX LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Its in my price range ($125 and under) and supports the memory i use all the time. Has 4 PCI Express slots, 1 PCI Express 2.0 and 2 PCI - works with 1156 chip which is what ive been using as well. i3-i7

Even the ASUS P7P55 LX LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard is good. 3 PCI, 2 PCI Express, 2 PCI Express 2.0 (one at x16 the other at x4... good for raid cards)

This might work good, for $105 i can do a dual system using 1 of the pci and 1 of the pci express and have spares. I might try it next build

I've had no problems with the gigabyte H67 boards and the 2500K processors. So far so good.

For 32 camera systems, what cpu on sandy bridge is everyone using?

I've had no problems with the gigabyte H67 boards and the 2500K processors. So far so good.

For 32 camera systems, what cpu on sandy bridge is everyone using?

Which motherboard are you using. I just tried a GA-H67A-UD3HB3 and its doing the same thing, where it keeps powering up, then powering down right away. Its only with the PCI board it seems.

GIGABYTE GA-H67M-D2-B3

It's only got 2 memory slots but i'm only putting in 4 gigs of ram when using Windows7 32 bit. I've also used the verson with 4 ram slots and that has worked fine.

Remove battery, hold power switch down for 30 seconds, clear cmos and restart and set bios.

After that, it's probably either board or power supply.

4 gigs should be fine for windows 7 - DVR/NVR software doesn't need to much in terms of RAM. I tend to find Win 7 uses about 1.5-2GB for itself (that is if you don't optimize by disabling the pretty stuff).

Do you guys think you really need an i7-2600 for 32 cams? Or would an i5 2500 do it fine. Seems to me the 2500 would do fine, it seems like a good sweet-spot in the 1155 socket 'clan'. I think the 2500k with unlocked multipliers (fun OC'ing!) is only like $20 more?

The 2500 (I use the K version since microcenter is cheap on them) has much more power than the I-7 860 1156 cpu and that has worked fine for 32 camera systems. My assumption is it will be more than adequate. The question might be can we go to the 2400 or even the 2100 and save some $$. The sandy bridge chips are pretty efficient.

GIGABYTE GA-H67M-D2-B3

It's only got 2 memory slots but i'm only putting in 4 gigs of ram when using Windows7 32 bit. I've also used the verson with 4 ram slots and that has worked fine.

Remove battery, hold power switch down for 30 seconds, clear cmos and restart and set bios.

After that, it's probably either board or power supply.

If it works, great, too small for us. We use full size ATX boards that have additional outputs. Typically I like a bare minimum of 2 PCI and 2 PCI-X. typically we're doing boards with either 3 PCI and 2 PCI-X or 2 PCI and 3 PCI-X... reason for this is so we can support two cards, and so I can support additional components such as a 2nd video card if need be (but this has a 2nd PCI 2.0 slot which is good), or maybe even a raid card or who knows what else. I just like to be covered for expansion.

4 gigs should be fine for windows 7 - DVR/NVR software doesn't need to much in terms of RAM. I tend to find Win 7 uses about 1.5-2GB for itself (that is if you don't optimize by disabling the pretty stuff).

Do you guys think you really need an i7-2600 for 32 cams? Or would an i5 2500 do it fine. Seems to me the 2500 would do fine, it seems like a good sweet-spot in the 1155 socket 'clan'. I think the 2500k with unlocked multipliers (fun OC'ing!) is only like $20 more?

Heck in a pinch I use an i3 chipset which is borderline as powerful as the old quad core chips from the Core2 days... I actually used to build 32 channel systems with Core2 Duos, then went to Core2 Quads for my 32's. Now I use the i7's everytime for a 32... but sometimes if im short on parts/etc... i'll use an i3... so i'd say you should be good with an i5 chipset.

Hey guys, same problem here. When I install a gv800 on a BIOSTAR TH67B it just keeps rebooting.

Any other PCI card I tried, they work fine. Is there any solution to this?

EDIT: To be exact, will a gv800 pci-e work?

h67 intel mb uses pci bridge chip, not compatable with gv pci cards, pci-e will work.

But even a gv-800a? Geovision says that only gv-800B is compatible with sandy bridge, but I cant get them anywhere here in Argentina.

i tried an older pci dvr non gv card, and it wouldnt work either, pci-e is the only option.

Yeah, did the same thing.

But, my question is the next one, there are two pci-e options gv-800a and gv-800b, will the both (both ARE pci-e) work?

Geovision says that only gv-800b is compatible with sandy bridge.

Goodday!

I have a GV card 3008 8channles, i used two card for to get a 16channel input video.

heres the CPU specification

Intel i core 3. 3.20ghz

2 gb memory

built-in video card

2tb harddisk

Gigabyte B75-HD3 motherboard

windows 7 starter 32bit license

all recording video was saved on the same HDD where the OS was installed.

===========================================================================

my Problem is that the system always hangs.

1. already reinstall OS, Reformat

2. already reinstall GV card driver and software

3. check system faults but negative.

4.connection, grounding everything is okay.

the system sometimes run for a long period of time then again it hangs.

all parts are brandnew.

=========================================================

i already replace the card with a new one. one card has the problem the driver always lost when the system restarts. i replace with the new ne but still the same

please help me. i dont have any solution of this. thanks