vvenzo

Geovision + newer Intel chipsets = BLUE SCREEN of Death

Hi everyone! I've been working with Geovision cards (I mean genuine Geovision) for almost 8 years. I've installed at least 100 of these cards and never any serious issue. Since newer chipsets from Intel appeared (after 9xx series) ALL Geovision cards that I've installed on, had exactly one and the same problem. In random interval of days (between 7 and 30) the PC experience the notorious BSOD (Blue screen of death message: IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL). All machines are running genuine XP Proffesional SP3, all updates. The PC configurations are perfect - I mean no hardware issue and that had been checked and confirmed several times on each. It doesn't matter if it is 7, 8.0, 8.12 or 8.2 version - Blue screen always comes. I've tried with GV800 and GV650 cards. Reinstalling everything from drive format and nothing helps.

I contacted Geovision two years ago, when a 1700 Euro configuration (Fujitsu-Siemens with Intel Q35 + XP Pro SP3+ GV800/12port) started to deliver that problem. It's a shame the guys at Geovision didn't show any concern about the problem and after some mails I realized that they wont help. So we just downgraded to G945 and all worked like a charm. Of course with a significant lost of money for us.

It is not the hardware as I said. Nothing else is installed on the PC except GV drivers+main system and of course all PC drivers. I've tried with or without antivirus software installed - absolutely no difference. Everything is done as it should be. I'm almost sure it is a hardware incompatibility, but cannot find a solution (except auto reboot in 7 days which is extremely stupid solution).

So if anyone has a solution or knows something I'll appreciate.

Intel Q35 is not a new Intel Chipset, it is from 2007!

Autoreboot is pretty ok, since Geovision can have issues with fragmenting the HDD(s) and also clear the memory.

If the PC costs 1 700,- Euro, why use GV-800? Why not GV-1480 or GV-2008 x 2?

Seems like driving a truck to go get a bottle of coke.

Time to time there will be problems with compatiblility, change the motherboard to a non Q35 and I guess you should be better of, I also think I had problems with a Gigabyte Q35/Nvidia chipset motherbaord a few years back, just switched to a diffrent model and all ok.

JD

Right, Q35 in not new chipset, it's just the first one we had the problem with - was 2008. At that time GV-1480 was very very expensive, that's why GV-800. The PC was just the half of the amount, the other half was for the GV-800 & Win XP Pro.

As I wrote we have exactly the same problem even with genuine Intel G31, G41 motherboards

My point is if you buy so expensive cards you SHOULD have decent support for them and they SHOULD be reliable.

Have you fiddled with the PnP settings in the BIOS - toggle the "Plug'n'Play OS" setting or whatever your specific BIOS has along those lines?

We are getting this issue too using the G41 chipset. Did switching over to a 900 series board end up fixing it?

We ended up having a few teething troubles with the G41 chipset too, but after using 8.4.0.1 they seem to vanish.

What version of the GV650 cards are you running?

Hi people,

Did you manage to resolve this issue (Geovision + newer Intel chipsets = BLUE SCREEN of Death)?

I've run up the line with all Intel chipsets and have not seen any issues. The latest H67 and H77 have been fine as well.

Not sure why this is happening. I'm trying out my first Ivy bridge cpu as we speak. So far (7 hours) no issues.

I would get the BSOD with AXIS Camera Station + new Dell Optiplex 390 as well. I actually switched to GeoVision for IP because of that... and because AXIS got rid of their remote web interface

are you sure it's not more of an issue with win xp and the newer hardware? never had any issues with windows 7 using h61 or z77 chipsets. How come you are still running xp and the older geovision software? I have a feeling it might be old software with new hardware that's the problem.