Older Geovision Card & New Intel PC=Crash! AMD an option?

So after spending a lot fo time with tech support because new systems with older cards keep crashing, I have finally come to the conclusion, and this is directly from Geovision: All cards that are not of the B type or newer will not work on any of the newer generation motherboards using Intel chipsets with Sandy Bridge. So basiclly if you have a perfectly working 2 year old GV-800 card, you can not use it with a new computer. What a scam. Then when I asked Geovision about using these cards with newer AMD systems, they said they do not reccommend AMD, only Intel. Funny, you can only recommend Intel (which is NOT compatible). Seems a little bit rediculous to me.

So my question is has anyone tried these older cards with newer AMD systems? I am not talking really old cards either, THIS APPLIES to any cards over a year old that can still run version 8.5. I was told that the easiest way to fix the systems was to buy new cards at $750 a pop when the old ones work just fine. Scam. Just like the S1/SP1 chipsets a few years ago that forced people to buy new cards.

Anyways if anyone else can shed some light on this I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

So just an update. Tried some newer AMD boards .... FAIL.

Looking at older 775 boards now. Very frustrating they don't have drivers that work for modern motherboards. I am surprised how willing everyone is to accept this as "ok". To me it seems like they are forcing us to buy more outdated analog camera cards just to keep existing customers up and running.

I used a Biostar TZ68A+ motherboard with a 2500K cpu and used an older PCI gv 1480 card and everything is working fine. It's a Z68 chipset.

I'm 99% sure it is a pci board and not pci ex1 capture card. Either way it's at least 2-3 years old. I put windows 7 on it.

I"m not much of a Biostar fan, but I needed a board with pci slots for this card and Microcenter didn't have a lot to pick from at the time. So far though, so good. It's been about 3 months and it hasn't skipped a beat.

This my Problem with my system right.

im confuse about the intel chipset not compatible but they do not reccommend the AMD.

If you talk about pci slot Geovision cards, i solve this problem using Intel Chipset b75 socket 1155 and b85 socket 1150

If you try H61 Chipset not working.

The safe solution is B75.

I install gv800, gv600 , gv650 without a problem.

If you talk about pci slot Geovision cards, i solve this problem using Intel Chipset b75 socket 1155

^^^YES^^^

The B75 chipset has built-in PCI so it does not use a bridge chip. Working perfectly for me as well.

I have not tried the B85 chipset yet, but I noticed that it does NOT have built-in/native PCI support. Again I have not personally tried this chipset so can't comment on it.

Use what Geovision recommends. They're pretty specific and if you read their directions you'll find out what they have tested their stuff on. If it's not on the list then you're on your own.

In the 8.5.7.0 manual under Hardware Specifications it lists the H61 chipset, which does work with the newer pci-express 'B' cards, but it does NOT work with older PCI cards.

Their current specs don't seem to consider compatibility with older cards(which I can understand).

For new systems there is no problem. However a common scenario for me is for older analog customers which are transitioning to IP, its nice to be able to integrate the old analog card into a new, more powerful NVR. Another is if there's a hardware failure but the capture card is still functional, it saves the customer a lot of money to use the old card in a 'modern' replacement system. For many of my customers, $500-$1000+ for a new capture card is a big expense.(if its only a 4 channel GV600 for example, no big deal, but the GV800/1240/1480, etc can get quite pricey). If it can be re-used vs replaced, why not?