HeadsUp

Geovision router ports for remote view

Can anyone look at my port settings and tell me if they look right ? , i cant get remote view from other computers.

I used the DNSClient i found on the V8.13 software (we dont actually have to pay for a domain name / static IP address from DYNDNS.com any more.)

Geovision DNSclient gives me an IP address (public IP ) but the IP address i use in my router port forwarding settings is the one i would use to log in to the router right ?

i pinged the IP address given by the DNSclient and it is active , if i type it into a browser it takes me to the router page and asks for the router login name and password but thats as far as i get.

i tested the DNSClient IP and every port at www.canyouseeme.org but it says no ports can be seen

portsforwarded-1.jpg

what am i doing wrong ?...... i have wasted about 14 hours watching youtube videos and fiddling with settings to try and resolve this.

the port settings i am using above came from the http://www.portforward.com website , where they give port forward settings to suit Geovision cards

The router is a Billion 7800N.

i could install V8.5 software ( compatible with Android smart phones and GV-AView android smart phone app )

but the reports are not that great from what i have seen so far so i will try to get center V2 working just with version V8.12 first

The default ports for Geovision Version 8.12 should be an HTTP port, 3550, 4550, 5550, 5611 and 6550 if using audio (looks like you missed 5550). 5552 would be used for remote viewlog. Center view ports are 5545, 5548 and 5549.

You can change the ports to anything you want as long as you change them in the Geovision WebCam Server under the Network button. Stop the WebCam Server and restart. Before clicking Yes, check the port settings in the Server tab. Also check the TCP/IP Server and CenterV2 Server ports on this version.

I assume you assigned a static IP to your Geo computer of 192.168.1.2 (not DHCP assigned by your router) as shown in your screen shot. That is the IP you would use to access the Geovision from other computers on the LAN. To access from the WAN, just type in the dipmap address with a colon 81 appended i.e "http://mycameras.dipmap.com:81" (less the quotes)

You should be good to go

thanks Harrar but i cant get 5550 , 5552 , 5611 to register , the router says " application invalid "

yet the other settings are the same

and yes the IP i put into those boxes was 192.168.1.2

as for port 81 , it wouldnt work but port 80 did when using the DNSClient IP address with it , i changed HTTP to port 80 in Geovision but no video feed

i tested DNSClient with port 80 in http://www.canyouseeme.com and that port is open and working , but still no video

thankyou kindly

--------------------------

edited

i got some ports to forward properly by enabling UPnP Framework in network settings

network connections > right click > properties > advanced > settings > exceptions tab > tick box and click okay

then go back to main DVR system screen , click network button > webcam server > server tab > detect UPnP > search > click router type > click configure tab

it automatically configures the ports with the router

i can see all my ports now on www.canyouseeme.com

but i still dont have video feed

i must be close ..... a small setting somewhere is hiding behind a tree laughing at me

Hi as well as portforwarding you then need to go to firewall settings and you will see all the ports you have created and a click button which you have to click to allow.

As tomcctv said, you need to open the app's thru the Windows firewall and any other firewalls installed.

Did you get 5550 forwarded thru the router? That is the Data port Geo uses for remote view. Also 3550 is the Remote View TCP Server port used in Ver 8.12. It was eliminated in Version above 8.3

CenterV2 can't be accessed unless you loaded it from your Geo CD, forwarded ports 5547 and 5551 at the remote computer and configured CenterV2 with the Host info.

For your router port configuration, I would try deleting all existing apps and create two new ones. Define as:

Geo1 TCP 80 192.168.1.2 80

Geo2 TCP 3550-5552 192.168.1.2 3550-5552

CenterV2 can't be accessed unless you loaded it from your Geo CD, forwarded ports 5547 and 5551 at the remote computer and configured CenterV2 with the Host info.

okay . my mistake . i thought i would be able to use any public computer and log in to center V2 to get full functionality which it seems cant be done unless i change port settings and install CV2 on their PC.

i will still try to get it working as remote view so i know my system is set up right , but my eventual goal is to use our android phones to log in , as we dont always take a laptop when we travel away for work.

I will advise you guys here if i find the error in my DVR setup / router

I am having a related problem and hope someone here can advise what to do next.

I am having difficulty configuring my modem/gateway (Comcast) with my router (Linksys WRT 54G) to allow any open ports.

I spent several hours on this, including over an hour with Comcast tech support who basically said it is an issue on my end now and they cannot help.

After much fiddling, I WAS able to get port 81 open and GV remote viewing to work BUT only if I cable connect the GV computer directly to the Comcast Gateway/Modem (there are 4 ports) and DISABLE DHCP on it. I also had to open the ports in the Comcast Gateway/Modem using the ip address the Gateway/Modem had for the GV computer (different from the "public" ip address when I googled my ip address). I also had to use this same ip address and DNS in the Geovision computers network adapter IP4 settings under "manually set ip address." But when I do this by turning off DHCP at the modem/gateway the problem is now anything connected to my router is unable to access the network or internet. I have 5 or 6 other devices that I need network connectivity to. So it seems turning OFF DHCP at the modem/gateway allows the port open/remote viewing to work, but with it on, nothing will work from the router now.

I am guessing that I need to configure the Comcast modem/gateway and router to work together somehow.

Please help!