KONABOY

gvaview and tmobile 4g help

I have a GV-800 running for the past 2 years perfectly. Then about a week ago i updated my tmobile galaxy s2 gvaview app and now i cant get the app to work without wifi activated? since then ive updated the gv software to the 8.4. The phone gv app only can work with wifi active and it shows the video live streaming, when changed to the tmobile 4G it only shows the "loading" screen. I have the JPEG box checked on the PC but i cant get the jpeg pictures like before the up date. Using port 8866.

Any body got this to work with the 4G? or an older version of the gv app?

thanks

Are you using port 80 for HTTP?

Could be a coincidence, that t-mobile started blocking port 80 at the same time.. just try to change port 80 to something like 8080,

Also in gvaview app, you have to add the port at the end of ip-address, if it`s different from 80 - (123.456.789.101:8080)

Maybe it`s not the case, but I would try it first..

I did the port 8080. same results , wifi loads with live video stream and 4G stuck at loading?

I loaded "Log me in" and it works great with live stream , there is a slight lag tho but good! And there is a bit more button pressing to get there.

Anybody got t-mobile working? maybe its the new app, don't like the GalaxyS2.

thanks

i have the galaxy s2 from tmobile and i have 2 geovision DVRs connected to my phone and have had 0 issues viewing the streams from my phone.

i am using port 81 vs the default port 80.

hey thanks for the reply.

maybe the problem is that i rooted my phone or need to update my firmware , the weird thing is that it was just working and now it doesn't, .

agh more projects. haha

thanks

I'm having the same problem, wifi OK, 4G stuck at "loading", no images. (It works on 3G, I recently upgraded to 4G with a new phone, and that is when it quit working). Did you ever find a solution?

Hey, I still haven't got it fixed. my phone is rooted I think its the problem,Ill let you know if i get around to updating my phone.

Hey, I still haven't got it fixed. my phone is rooted I think its the problem,Ill let you know if i get around to updating my phone.

My phone is new (unrooted) at version 2.3 and it does not work. Upgraded the phone via Kies to 4.0 and it still does the same thing. It all seems like it has something to do with the "4G" aspect of it. Is anyone out there on AT&T with a newer Samsung phone on 4G able to use Gvaview?

Did you have the geovision working on another phone?

Mines works when connected to the wifi but not with the 4G.

Also been using logmein to view the cameras. Works ok for now

Maybe its tmobile?

i just did a test:

i have the s2, tmobile, using 4g right now, and had 0 issues at all loading up 3 saved geovision sites on my phone.

no errors, said connecting for a few seconds and then all the camera views popped up.

here are the ports i have open for geovision

for the web server- 81, 4550, 5550, 3550

for gviview- 8866, 5511

also, you need to make sure you have the proper changes made on the server side:

web server settings, click on the mobile tab and make sure it is enabled, this is the tab that has 8866 and 5511 as the default ports.

there is a jpeg tab and under that make sure to select the option to 'create a jpeg'

the obvious one (but i will state it anyway) is the server tab, make sure the server is running and that the http, command, and data ports are accurate. the only port i change is the dvr from port 80 to 81.

finally, make sure the ports are opened/configured properly in your router/firewall.

also, when you are connecting to wifi, are you on the same network as the geovision DVR?

or have you tested at a different network with wifi and had it work?

Did you have the geovision working on another phone?

Mines works when connected to the wifi but not with the 4G.

Also been using logmein to view the cameras. Works ok for now

Yes, it works just fine on my old Samsung Captivate, both on wifi and 3G. I'm on At&T.

Also, can you tell me how this "logmein" works, or provide a link? Not familiar with it.

Edited by Guest

for gviview- 8866, 5511

also, you need to make sure you have the proper changes made on the server side:

web server settings, click on the mobile tab and make sure it is enabled, this is the tab that has 8866 and 5511 as the default ports.

there is a jpeg tab and under that make sure to select the option to 'create a jpeg'

the obvious one (but i will state it anyway) is the server tab, make sure the server is running and that the http, command, and data ports are accurate. the only port i change is the dvr from port 80 to 81.

finally, make sure the ports are opened/configured properly in your router/firewall.

I think that all my server side settings are fine, as I can connect remotely thru my old 3G phone, and can connect remotely thru a PC with DMMultiView or using a browser. The only thing that I'm not sure about is port 5511. What is that port for?

also, when you are connecting to wifi, are you on the same network as the geovision DVR?

or have you tested at a different network with wifi and had it work?

With the OLD 3G phone, It WILL connect via a remote wifi location, and it WLL connect via 3G.

With the NEW 4G phone, It WILL connect via a remote wifi location, and it WILL NOT connect via 4G.

When I say that it "WILL NOT" connect, I mean that it gets to the "Loading" screen, but will not display any images. Seems like there is an issue with the 4G aspect of it!

for gviview- 8866, 5511

I think that all my server side settings are fine, as I can connect remotely thru my old 3G phone, and can connect remotely thru a PC with DMMultiView or using a browser. The only thing that I'm not sure about is port 5511. What is that port for?

port 5511 is on the mobile tab in the web server settings.

i should also state that my phone is not rooted, stock s2 with 4g from tmobile.

It appears that it is definitely an AT&T 4G problem. Went to this site, (geovision remote access demo):

http://www.usavisionsys.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=184

And I get the same results. Good on wifi, no good on 4G. I wonder if a call to AT&T would be helpful, or a big waste of time!

a call to AT&T to ask them about a feature/program that 1% of their users (probably less) need fixed, i'd say don't waste your time.

are you on the default port 80 for the web server?

not that it matters, but just curious and you never know...

hey all, I finally solved this one !!

it was a setting on the computer side

it was in the Server set up, checked the ENABLE REMOTE CONTROL

http://blog.waldrondigital.com/2009/09/03/geovision-iphone-live-view-connection-failed-fixed/

also note; my computer kept getting blue screens. I reinstalled the whole thing from windows and came to find out it was that little battery in the computer