PA2001

GV-AView on AT&T 4G

This post is in addition to this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=31659

but specifically for AT&T's 4G network.

Has anyone out there in the U.S. been able to get GV-AView to work on AT&T's 4G network? Tried to get it to work on the Samsung S3 and Samsung Note and a few other AT&T 4G phones to no avail.

Contacted AT&T's tech support, they say it is Geovisions app. that does not work. Contacted Geovision, and they say it is AT&T's problem. Go figure! Any feedback would appreciated.

Paul

Have you tried IP Cam Viewer to see if its a GV-Iview problem ?

Has anyone out there in the U.S. been able to get GV-AView to work on AT&T's 4G network? Tried to get it to work on the Samsung S3 and Samsung Note and a few other AT&T 4G phones to no avail.

Contacted AT&T's tech support, they say it is Geovisions app. that does not work. Contacted Geovision, and they say it is AT&T's problem. Go figure! Any feedback would appreciated.

Paul

I will have to go back to the AT&T store and try it out (IP Cam Viewer). Right now I'm using my old Samsung Captivate on 3G, and it works fine, a little slow, but it works. Just as a side note and as stated in the other thread, GV-AView works just fine on the Samsung S3 and the Samsung Note on Wi-Fi, but on 4G, it gets to the "Loading" screen, and never displays any images.

Loaded IP Cam Viewer on the Captivate (3G), and it looks better than GV-AView!

Thanks for the suggestion. Off to the AT&T store again later today.

Paul

I have the Samsung S III and GV works fine on 4G for me so it sounds like a setup issue on your end.

I will have to go back to the AT&T store and try it out (IP Cam Viewer). Right now I'm using my old Samsung Captivate on 3G, and it works fine, a little slow, but it works. Just as a side note and as stated in the other thread, GV-AView works just fine on the Samsung S3 and the Samsung Note on Wi-Fi, but on 4G, it gets to the "Loading" screen, and never displays any images.

Loaded IP Cam Viewer on the Captivate (3G), and it looks better than GV-AView!

Thanks for the suggestion. Off to the AT&T store again later today.

Paul

I have the Samsung S III and GV works fine on 4G for me so it sounds like a setup issue on your end.

That's interesting! It all works on 3G, but not 4G. Any idea what settings might need to be changed to get it to work on 4G? I have ports 80, 4550, 5550 and 8866 open. On Geovision under network, the "Webcam" in checked.

Just upgraded to a iphone5 and it works fine for me as well. I have a hybrid system and using GV-iView, havent tried the ip only GV-Eye but it worked on both my old iphone4 and my ipad2.

Went here to try Geovisions Demo Remote site:

http://www.usavisionsys.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=184

and entered this info:

Enter 24.248.96.179 under IP address box

Use default ports indicated

Enter test under ID

Enter test under Password

Select Connect

Same results, gets the loading screen, but no video. (It does work on my old 3G phone.)

Just wondering if it is something specific to this location. I'm in the Dallas, Ft. Worth area. Is there anyone out there in the DFW area that has been able to get this to work?

All the 4G networks are only allowing one way communication... outbound. no PC To PC. I talked with Verizon for hours with tech support and they said I could purchase a Static IP for my device at the cost of $500.00 !!! I said no thanks and took my new 4g usb device back and got my 3g reactivated. I use a Cradlepoint to open ports to view cameras at remote sites with it and it works great. The new 4G on the other hand will not work right now. I'm sure the cellular folks will sooner or later give in to the pressure but they are trying to conserve all the band witdth they can thus limiting us to outbound only on the air cards.

Can a CDMA phone work on a 4G network? My wife just recently got a CDMA phone... it's a Samsung Freeform... the carrier we are through is possibly finally updating to the 4G network. Can a CDMA phone work on a 4G network?

low fat recipes ~ quick healthy recipes ~ healthy recipes

UPDATE: Recently went ahead and purchased the $500.00 static IP address from Verizon for my wireless modem. Works great. What you are really purchasing is a "unrestricted IP WAN address. Allows for pc to pc network activity which also allows for things like viewing video security cameras remotely to your site where the Verizon Wireless modem or router is located. The good news is that any other wireless modems you have on that same account will qualify for an unrestricted static IP address as well at no extra charge.

Anyone have any luck with the Galaxy Note 3 Android Version 4.3. I can connect with my Photon Q and Galaxy S2 but no luck with the note 3. And we only have 3G service around here.

i have installed the geovision remote app on several iphones on the att network, geovision works great on the phones.