Todd

Constant recording. No motion detection

I am having a problem with many cameras recording constantly. Day or night, motion or nothing.

Things I have done:

Turned sensitivity to 8

Masked entire screen except a few "trip" areas to enable motion.

Advanced detection and did same thing also increased the "noise" reduction. None of that worked.

For the life of me, I can't stop them from recording. I don't want to change the detection to less than 9 or 8 since it won't pick up someone standing in the middle of the aisle at 40 feet or so.

Any ideas what I should look for. This is happening on ALL the IP cams and about 1/2 or more on the 16 analogs.

I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks as always

Maybe do a test take one camera and set to motion get someone to move out into the area until you can't detect masking is helpful but anything like air vents fans whatever will give you some problems. Outside forget it. Trees and cars roads whatever are a big problem. Make sure you have high-res cameras a cheap camera will not function properly by any means. 600 plus on the analog side nothing less and if they are IR you know a good dose of home defense pest control keeps our spider friends from making a nesty home around the IR's a recorded frenzy from our cameras just a thought. Last about 30 days and Home Depot has it I actually make money with my clients as a maintaince fee to come to a 15m spray around them and it works good for 50 a month$$$ adds up when you have tons of clients. D

look at your power supply if you have analog cameras we had a site that did the same thing cameras recorded all the time turns out a bad camera was backfeeding into the power supply and causing enough distortion to trip the motion detection. We usually use isolated power supplies on analog cameras but this was an older install

The problem is with the included GV-CB220 cameras. They record constant. I have used advanced motion detection, masked like crazy and they still record.

Open to suggestions. Each camera has it's own power supply.

You said many analog cams are exhibiting this behavior as well as IP, so it would seem to me that the issue is with the GV-NVR software. Excuse what might be a stupid question, but are you SURE the cams are not set up for round-the-clock? Maybe in the schedule or the day-night mode setup?

What version of GV software are you running? (8.5.7 has been rock-solid for us)

How high is your CPU usage? I have seen some strange issues crop up when the CPU can't keep up, although not this issue specifically.

Otherwise, I have never run into this and we use strictly GV-IP cams/GV-NVR, have quite a few out there including hybrid systems, but I admit I have not used the CB120/220's. We have used the CA120/220's without issues.

Another thing, there is a lot of improvements in the latest 2.09 IP firmware, although I don't think this is the issue since you said analog cams are also recording constantly.

I've got the analogs fairly shut down now. cpu is around 25-40%.

I'm on motion recording only. Using advanced detection, noise tolerance etc. May try upgrading firmware but I think I did that on some of them already last year. Will check version.

I'm on 8.5.3 I think. I have a copy of 8.5.7 since I just built another one today and that was in the box.

I also turned off pre record on the hdd and went to ram. I just cancelled the post record as well. I think that is helping a bit but still not perfect. I've gone so far as to completely block an aisle off with some small windows to trigger motion detection if they walk through.

It's been kind of a pita.

When you mention 8.5.3, I do remember 1 version that did seem to have extremely sensitive motion detection, it just might have been 8.5.3, it was ~2 years ago so GV version would have been roughly 8.5.3 or 8.5.4

I remember discovering the problem when I was 'qualifying' that particular version, and ended up waiting for the next release on advice of Geovision Taiwan

I would upgrade to 8.5.7, I bet it fixes your issue