Trioxide

Option greyed out

Running Geovision 8.52 and trying to setup the JPG feature but when I go to WebCam Server/JPG the option "Create JPEG/GIF file(s)" is greyed out. The "FTP transfer JPEG file" option is fine. How to I fix this so I can have pictures created when I have motion?

Another question is do I have to have a FTP server or can the pictures just be saved to the harddrive?

Thanks

Under Webcam Server settings, make sure that "Enhance Network Security" is not checked on the General tab.

No it is not clicked. I found if I clicked the enable the Run GeoHTTP Server that the option was no longer greyed out.

Next question is where are the jpg files stored and when are they created?

you don't the create jpg option is for computers/browers that do not support OCX files. It allows it to stream jpg files that simply refresh quickly. This is used on any browser other then I.E and on Mac's with tihs option turned off you could ONLY use Internet Explorer.

Okay so I need help in what I am trying to do. When the doorbell is pressed I want to text a picture to me of who is at the front door. Does Geovision create a jpg so I can grab that file, hopefully the same filename all the time, and do this?

Thanks

I am using Elk Gold for my security system, Geovision version 8.53 for my cameras and CQC to put it all together. I would like to have the system capture a picture from the camera when motion or the doorbell is pressed and text that picture to me. As it is different systems that I need to put together I do not know how to do this. I looked at the jpgs Geovision creates and the filenames are not easy to work with:

Example for 1 camera it puts it in the directory with the date as the name and the filenames are:

2013-1-10-Day-14-57-52-796(02).jpg

2013-1-10-Day-14-57-58-171(03).jpg

2013-1-10-Day-14-58-03-312(04).jpg

So I don't know how I would know which file to grab to text to my phone. All I need is 1 jpg file created and it would be easiest if it was the same filename all the time.

Does nobody know how to grab the current file, video or still, in Geovision so it can be e-mailed or sms to me? I know people are doing that and that other software programs will do this so someone must be doing it here. Would love to get this going.

Thanks.

its under send alerts approach setup and email it to yourself. the sms is a pain to setup and requires an external dial up modem. just click on attach image.