Sign in to follow this  
FBWL44

Multicam Geovision System Stop recording at Random

Hello- I am having an issue- my Geovision system will stop recording at random times. Different times, different days. It is not set on any schedule. Is there something I am missing. Thanks for the help

Hello- I am having an issue- my Geovision system will stop recording at random times. Different times, different days. It is not set on any schedule. Is there something I am missing. Thanks for the help

Hello,

I have had this problem with a few customers. There are a few things that cause this problem that I have found. When your system restarts to do updates, this will not restart recording unless you set this in the Geovision software. Also you can stop the recording via your phone by clicking the start/stop record on each camera. I always tell my machine to never sleep and never check for updates as I will do the maintenance. I hope this helps you!

Thank you,

George Boyle

Dallas Wholesale CCTV

I have been having the same problem with my new swann 8 channel dvr with four cameras on it. 1,2,3,4 or all 4 channels would stop recording for no apparent reason. I have now pinned the problem down to a power supply issue. I changed the normal power lead from the wall socket that supplies the cameras and dvr plugs with power and replaced it with a surge protector multi socket lead with current smoothing and hey presto no problem at all now. Hope this is of help ?

Also you can stop the recording via your phone by clicking the start/stop record on each camera.

Suggestion:

On all of the systems I setup, I remove the permission 'Monitor Stop' from the 'Webcam' permissions for the user account which is used to login to the system remotely. This way you cannot accidentally stop the recording via the remote apps.