ceb5

Geovision Compatible IP cameras

There are a lot of IP cameras for sale with all ranges of price. I have bought a couple of nice cameras off of Ebay at a good price only to find out they will not work with Geovision. I have a 4 camera USB dongle but the software will not recognize the camera. I know that they have a list of cameras that have been tested to work with Geovision, but there has to be a lot of others that would work also. What do you look for in camera specs to find out if its compatible or not? If I could I would buy the Geovision cameras but I'am now retired on a fixed income and can not afford the price of their 2mp and up IP cameras. It would be a help if we could start a new posting of cameras that people have tried that will work.

There are quite a few LTS line cameras that work with geovision. Give me a little bit and I'll research and let you know what specific cameras they are.

Rick Watson

Thanks, look forward to the information. I 'am fairly new to IP and analog cameras and with hundreds of choices out there its hard to know what to buy. If I could afford the high dollar cameras it would be a lot easier, you usually get what you pay for.