mateck8888

Upgrade to 8.5.6 - now have blocky pixelizatoin in playback

Hello. I just upgraded a system from 8.3 to the latest version. It is a GV1240, with 5 analog cams, and two 1.3mpg IP cameras. It's been working great for years, except we had an incident where some audio was cutting out on some interviews (police interview room running audio). So I figured we would upgrade to latest, but now we are getting a blocky pixelizatoin occassionaly, on both IP and analog cameras, only in playback. This pixelization is not on the whole picture, just certain sections, especially where this is motion.

System is Core2Duo, 4GB on 64bit Windows 7. DirectX 11, and overlay is turned on. Problem is only in playback, and was not there under 8.3. Did some live chat with Geovision, but they didn't really have a solution, and were pointing me to things like "unplug each analog camera individual, testing the system each time". Could not figure out the point in that, but maybe I am missing something. It just seems like a compression problem, and I have tried a lot of different settings, including going from H.264 to mpg4, and it doesn't change anything. Any help is appreciated.

I just got off geovision chat with someone named "connie", and got a more knowledgeable answer. It turns out the new version has a face mask function. From the manual "The Face Mask function is designed to detect front-view faces onl...," It is defaulted "on" for users. Really strange. Not sure what that is all about, but I guess I'm headed back to the location to turn that off!