stevenbuyse

Problem with geovision 6.02 webcam server

I have build +-6 systems (v 5.4.1) with no problem. Now with the new version 6.02 i can not configure the system to work with a router: When i start webserver the tab serversetup is not there. so i cannot assign the wan ip adres of my router. What is wrong ?

Thanks.

Version 6 has changed a fair bit, so has the ports you need to forward.

It should automatically detect your gateway now.

The system should work like this,

Fix an internal I.P address for your Geovision, make sure you use an internal I.P range and make sure it stays fixed... do not use DHCP for example you can make your network adapter of the Geo fixed to 192.168.0.4 with Subnet 255.255.255.1

Then set your router so that you port forward the following ports 4550, 5550, and 80 and make them port forward to 192.168.0.4, what this means is that when you connect to your router's address on the net..which should be a fixed address.. for example it might be 203.217.14.9 then your router knows that you are trying to connect on one of those three ports and it has been told by Port Forwarding to send any requests form those ports to 192.168.0.4 which is your DVR.

I hope this helped

No... you can use a dynamic IP.. it just means you need to load the Dynamic IP software on your DVR, this wil communicate with Geovision telling them where your I.P is then allowing you to log through there Dynamic I.P website.... or you could use the NO-IP website!

By the way, some routers actually have firmware that supports the No-IP OR Dynamic I.P options

which routers, this is something ive been looking for, for NO IP.

thanks

rory

By the way, some routers actually have firmware that supports the No-IP OR Dynamic I.P options

which routers, this is something ive been looking for, for NO IP.

thanks

rory

SMC routers do that, but i like the new geovision http:xxxx.dipmap.com