GINOSMYTH

GV-1120 pci pixelation, genuine card?

Hi All,

I have recently purchased a GV1120 PCI (not express) card that came with version 8.3

I was using a GV800 PCI card in my 1.80GHz dual core PC with 4GB of DDR2 and version 8.4

Have manage to get the system up and running by removing the GV-800 directory, uninstalling the driver and reinstalling all, luckily all the iPhone and other remote access worked as before

I have a couple of issues and am hoping I can get some support from the forum members

Firstly, I need to find out if this is a genuine card as I have a few days in which to contact the seller

(was an eBay purchase). I have read a lot of stories....

Secondly, the images are very pixelated especially when view large screen and more so on the 1120 than the 800

The 800 was also purchased from eBay but came with the box, manuals etc

I also need to check the audio, there are 8 headers on the PCB, but I cannot find any detailed information on how to connect. The installation guide if i remember correctly shows that they are for audio connection but doesn't show channel numbers or pinout

My cameras are Honeywell, and X-vision 540TVL and 600TVL respectively and have selected maximum resolution and 10fps from the Geovision application. The pc doesnt seem to be overworked and I have a ATI radeon card that plays my 1080hd films no problem

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks - Gino

1120_Aside.JPG.7bb842996926b549ee7edd1c90ccea01.JPG

1120Bside.JPG.add5aa8986c4a125104b47e17eee83b5.JPG

Thank you so much for your reply and for the links to the other websites

I had previously read that there are many fakes out there especially on eBay,

I am away from home for a few days so am not able to check just yet however FYI some of the information on one of the links is inaccurate..see below

From url

http://www.dvrkits.com/help-support/identify-fake-dvr-cards

"On the Authentic DVR Card:

To the left of the picture you will notice a small round circuit that is inside a little square. On the top is the print, “330”. This is a high quality crystal oscillator and is made from an epoxy resin material. This is a very durable circuit and it made to last."

I work in electronics, previously in the Telecoms industry and the component labelled 330 is is fact a 33uH inductor. The oscillator used in the fake picture is commonly used on high value industrial and military products but agree oscillators are prone to fail

This does make me question the credibility of this article

I will post an update when I have checked my cards, live chat with Geovision was not available the times I have tried to check my serial number, will keep trying

Can never seem to get on live chat with Geovision, keep getting the message 'no operators available'

Many thanks