swearmanc

Need help with GV-600 S1 8 port - can't find keypro 6.1.1

Hi all,

I searched in your forums for about an hour but couldn't quite find an answer:

I bought this card off ebay (I know - shouldnt have bought of ebay, but this is for a small library and we have little to no budget for this)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251266745171?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Says its a GV-600 (S) 3.51 has an S1 chip 8 ports.

Problem 1: (I am using 6.1.1 provided in the auction link BTW) using the geovision driver install from the setup program fails. Just says install failed. I am able to install the drivers using device manager but it only installs as a GV-250 (I tried forcing the 600 drivers, no luck)

Problem 2: After installing all drivers (the 250 ones) and the geovision software, I get the "Can't find keypro" error and the software closes.

Question 1: How do I get the correct drivers to install? Should I use a different version than 6.1.1?

Question 2: do I need a usb dongle for this card?

I have used a few computers to test this, none of them worked. I intend to use it in an AMD athlon 64 4000 CPU ASUS K8Ve-SE mobo with a VIA chipset (I read that via are okay for 600 and lower cards only running 8 ports) tried with Win 7 64 bit ultimate and Win XP SP3 (not sure if 32 or 64 bit) Also tried it in a Dell Poweredge 2800 Server (intel chipset, 2 XEON cpu's 32 bit server 2003 OS) also tried it in a new PC with AMD chipset running win 7 64 bit ultimate, didn't work in there either

Any advice/help is appreciated. If all else fails I will return the card, but would like to make every effort to get it working.