Sign in to follow this  
desertdog

Geovision webcam view help

Geovision 8.5.6 software

I can login and view everything fine in IE but trying to see webcams using Chrome and Firefox just retrieves bad request error with quicktime plugin....now at first i think that quicktime is the culprit i launch firebug and do some investigating and sure enough there is 1 request that comes up empty! "GET Poster.MOV 0 bytes" url:http://192.168.0.172/LanMpegView0_QT.htm?IDKey=9174cb3c-7452-4e3d-929d-b2d0d3a554bb,

which would be the streaming source for the quicktime plugin....why would the server not be streaming? anyone else having issues viewing in FF and Chrome?

Update: I just tried it with a Macbook and safari and no dice! still won't play the h.264 stream even with a Mac!!! don't know what the hell is wrong.

Any feedback?

I ended up reinstalling the main software again and had success connecting internally, i guess it was a bad install? never thought that was possible...anyhow now i have a whole other huge problem with remote viewing.

I didn't really anticipate the bandwidth needed for remote viewing....i have customers that call every day and can't login and they also receive the "bad request" that i experienced all too well. I have crappy DSL in my business complex and unfortunately thats the best available at the moment so i have turned FPS down dramatically and resolution as well trying to save on bandwidth.

trying to view from Firefox or Chrome is really hit or miss mostly miss and internet explorer crashes 30% of the time for clients....however mobile clients seem to be able to connect pretty much every time with a short buffer wait.

Does anyone know another way to optimize the system for minimum bandwidth transmission on remote clients viewing?

Thanks for all the help.