diz

Delete cameras

Inherited a Geovision NVR (it's at 8.5). It has about 28 IP cameras attached. There were some network problems, and some of those cameras ended up assigning themselves different addresses. I'm going through assigning static IPs to them, but need to update that data from the NVR perspective.

The only way I can figure out how to do this is to delete the camera from NVR, and then install the camera again using the new IP. The problem is cameras don't want to delete. They slots they are in display "Connect Lost," and that's how they stay. Here's what I'm doing:

1. Stop all monitoring

2. IP Device Setup

2.1 Select Camera, right click, select Delete

After that, the camera in the list will show "Deleting" for a while, and then after the eventual reboot will remain in the list.

I've done a search here and found nothing, so the problem is likely something I'm doing.

Any input would be appreciated.

Suspect software file corrupted, please give full uninstall (Uninstall in Control Panel, Windows, & Registry) and reinstall the software. Alternately, the version 8.50 have quite a number of unsolved bugs. So i would recommend to to change to v.8.54 or latest 8.57.

Thanks.

I had this same problem a few months back.. It happened when I changed the ip just like you did. What I did was after it deletes the camera finally, go click scan cameras and then see the camera with the new ip address in the scan results window. Then add the camera and click ok and exit. Just make sure your not currently monitoring or you will have more problems. Another thing that seems to help is if you disconnect the camera physically from the network by removing the ethernet cable.

Hope this helps..