doppelt

TEXT mode vs Graphics mode

I sure see a lot of people reading these posts but I get no replies

I guess my questions are either too easy or too hard,

anyway..

Does anyone know how I can check a geovision DVR system that is currently running and integrated with POS

if it's POS is printing in 'text mode' or 'graphics mode'

Without using hyperterminal?

I do not wish to use hyperterminal for fear that I will screw something up

I need to know this so I can install the proper software (text sender pos text only or text sender pos graphics mode) on to another back DVR

and pc)

thanks

dennis

Ok here you go bro the only thing I have ever got it to work on is Gilbarco Passport. Truly let me you fill you in Geo honestly does not know if it will work or not and have never talked to anyone that truly is a master at this even USA Visions. Its really a waste of time and man I have wasted a bunch! Here is the solution and yes its costly but awesome in everyway as long as your trans system is compatable-Gulf Coast Software Solutions. Check them out on line they mirror Geovision on there software and it becomes a awesome management tool you can sell to your clients for big bucks!! Not only that but you only need one software key to manage multiple registers I have done several it ties into the netowork and sinks perfectly. VSI pro is a great solution for one register but still, who has the time to look at every transaction and review a text overlay. You can set up up alerts for voids-no sales-returns or what ever all emailed to you with a video clip now thats awesome! I am a dealer for them and you can get set up just check them out on line. Heres another thing for 150.00 a year you get 24 hour tech support and they will dial in and fix anything that is software associated or answer any questions for you or your clients. Check them out and I am not saying that the Geo boxes don't work cause they do just a lot of maintaince and garbage on your screen even if you get close to making it look right. The software from them is around 1200.00 from Gulf Coast and well worth it for any commercial environment! Hope that helps and I share your frustration with the boxes that is why I went with them a few years back they are in Florida and easy to find on line have them do a demo for you and you will be amazed. D