LittleScoobyMaster

Geo 8.5.7.0 Mobile updates

* Live view resolution on mobile devices from CIF to VGA using GV-AView V1.3.1 (for android devices) and GV-iView V2.3 (for iPhone and iPod Touch)

Anyone know the exact CIF and VGA resolutions that Geo I-view uses?

I'm curious what the previous CIF Geo was using and what the new VGA resolution Geo is using for I-view. Did this double the resolution or anything close to being that substantial by any chance?

WebCam and Remote Applications

Support for notifications with pre-event and post-event recordings attachments for the following event types: Video Lost, Video Signal Resumption, Intruder, Missing Object, Unattended Object, Crowd Detection, Advanced Unattended Object, Advanced Scene Change, Advanced Missing Objection (for Center V2 and Dispatch Server)

Notifications mechanism of GV-System for Center V2 and VSM server, which allows for notifications to be sent according to user-defined schedule without installing I/O devices to the GV-System

Support for Multi Windows on Chrome, Safari and Firefox, with which the user can now remotely select and display up to 16 out of 32 GV-System live views

Live view resolution on mobile devices from CIF to VGA using GV-AView V1.3.1 (for android devices) and GV-iView V2.3 (for iPhone and iPod Touch)

For GV-Iview or Aview, the Previous CIF for iphone and ipad and Android was 320x240. Now it is 640x480 for both iphone & ipad, as well as for the android.

For GV-EYE, iphone and ipad are 1280x960, using H.264

For GV-Iview or Aview, the Previous CIF for iphone and ipad and Android was 320x240. Now it is 640x480 for both iphone & ipad, as well as for the android.

For GV-EYE, iphone and ipad are 1280x960, using H.264

Thanks. Those are the same measurements I had for regular CIF's and regular VGA (the spec itself unrelated to Geo). That sounds like a decent upgrade in resolution then. Doubling of horizontal and vertical.

I haven't used GV-EYE yet. Should I be using that instead of I-View?

Last time I looked into GV-Eye I don't remember what it's strong point was, but if it has 1280x960 on an iPhone, that sounds very good. I thought there was a reason I never installed it but now I can't remember what that reason was.

Is GV-Eye limited to GV-IP camera's only or something? If so, that would be the reason I didn't use it.

GV-iView is more for remote management. It has more controls, connects to GV-NVR and the video stream is 640x480 for live viewing.

GV-Eye is better for actual monitoring. Supported resolutions are higher, it connects directly to cameras. If you want to connect to GV-NVR you need to install GV-Mobile server which transcodes it for your device.