Sign in to follow this  
cocacola

PTZ Question.

I have a GV-800 whit the GV-NET Card V3 and one PTZ Dome.

I have troubles to get the PTZ working.

When the Dome boots up, i see this Pelco D, 2400 Baud, exactly like i configured the dome.

I see the green led blinking at the back off the GV-NET Card, so it seems its sending and receiving data.

I FORGOT THE ADDRESS OF THE DOME! Must be 0, or 1.

In the Geovision software i punt in Pelco D, 2400 baut and Com 3...I think it must be com 3, see the screenshot from windows.

232105_1.jpg

The camera is mounted some years ago, really high, so i cannot easily reach it to look up the addsess.

Is there a way to get the PTZ working? Some configuration in Geovision that use all addresses? or Auto scan for the right Address and configuration?

I have only one PTZ Dome, so no other PTZ camera`s.

EDIT:

I have checked the Dome PTZ address, its 1.

SO in Geovision thats 0. Right!?

Youtube video config.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lo87lbDzGg

http://youtu.be/5lo87lbDzGg

Coke,

The Netherlands

hi. in your video it shows com6 and in your management it shows com3.

sorry its not clear in your video how your data is connected ...... can you give details of whats used.

also you will still get data light flash even if your rs485 is the wrong way round .... try swap and power down each time

hi. in your video it shows com6 and in your management it shows com3.

sorry its not clear in your video how your data is connected ...... can you give details of whats used.

also you will still get data light flash even if your rs485 is the wrong way round .... try swap and power down each time

Correct i used a different com port, hope it would work...not.

I used a simple twisted data wire.

Can u use a volt meter on the other side of the wire to see if data is coming true?

Ok, on the PTZ card, the lights should only flash when you submit a PTZ command. If theyre flashing, your COM port should be fine.

I ran into this issue with one ptz on a large install that had 8 other PTZs.

I verified the address by powering the PTZ off and then back on so I could get the address from the camera itself when it did its boot routine and displayed all the info on the screen. The address was showing 0. I tried changing the address on the dip switches, and it was still showing 0 as far as the camera was concerned. I called the manufacturer and he said I somehow got the dome in SOFTID mode...and basically what that is, it is when you use an actual keyboard, not the DVR with the PTZ, the keyboard assigns the PTZ an address on its own. The only way you can get it out of this mode is with a PTZ keyboard from the manufacturer of the PTZ. My dome was a Veilux. I had no PTZ keyboard and was not going to pop a few hundred on one, so I sent it to the manufacturer and had them take it out of that mode.

So try changing around the address on the actual ptz dip switches, and see if when you power the camera back on, the address it displays is what you put on the dip switches.

Another possibility is you have it wired wrong.

And one other possibility is if you have another PTZ on the system, you could possibly have it interfearing.

I once sent a contractor out to one of my clients to replace a PTZ, and the idiot shorted something in the PTZ, and that caused 3 out of 10 to act weird. 2 would not respond to PTZ control, the 3rd did whatever it pleased.

Do you have the IO card or the GV-net? Did you power it with your CPU pigtail or plug the cable into the Geo card? Well if you can not see the address and yes less one is always the case which I have always thought was kind of goofy then like they said power the cam up look quickly at settings and see if something is missing in set up of camera. A multi tester will tell you what its sending out from output on the card RS485 make sure your wires are good to cam and do a continuity test with a tone generator from one end to another. Sounds to me like a lift is in your future if that does not fix it cause the best thing is to get it working on the ground before you install. Here is a few questions-How far is it from DVR? Exterior or interior? Type of PTZ? Multiple PTZ cameras? Bad power supply to PTZ whats the voltage? Old cablesin use exterior? I have to use diodes for multiple PTZ cameras before. Hope that helps and chat with USA visions they should be able to help bro would like to hear the outcome.