RDeSmet

Geovision Gv-650 NMI Memory Parity Error

Has anyone ran into issues with a windows blue screen that says "Hardware Malfunction NMI Memory Parity Error". We are using HP dc7100 Pc's with a p4 3.2ghz, 512mb Ram, it has an integrated video card on the mo-bo. We have gotten this error on almost every gv650 card we've used with this configuration. The error seems random, some will give it in a couple of days after install, and some take a few months. I was just wondering if anyone has come across this before. We have about 15-20 systems doing it.

Thanks for the links. Funny thing with this though, is that I can't seem to find a real fix, some of the systems work if I move the Ram to Different slots, and some work by moving the geovision card to a different slot. Some I have even swapped ram between 2 systems that were giving me this toruble and they seem to work. But there is about 5 or 6 of them out there that I can't seem to get this error resolved. What I can't figure out though is why it only does it on the 650 cards. I haven't had any issues with it at all on the 600 cards. I haven't tried it on anything bigger than a 650 yet.

Well Finally after a couple of months I think we are getting down to a solution. It appears to be a conflict between the chipset used in a gv-650 card and the integrated intel video chipset used in the Hp 7100 pc's. We have added an add on video card on a few test systems and so far all of them have been running fine.

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but did you determine this intel video chipset to be the culprit? We are getting the same error on a lenovo pc with a intel motherboard.

Thanks,

Dan