Sign in to follow this  
farmtruc

gv-1120 ver 8.4 TV-out port

I have a spare vizio hdtv that i wanna use for display.

currently my gv card is in the pc, obviously, but i would like to use the tv out port and display the camera's on the vizio tv.

i hook a video rca cable to the tv out and to the input av1 on the tv, the screen is blank, but does change from the default blue screen "no signal" so something is coming across the wire.

any suggestions on to get the secondary view to display on my tv?

thanks,

allen

Ok well I have kind of been through this before. 1st double check with a view finder or I use a Sony portable DVD player with battery pack with an analog video input I pick them up from second hand stores that always works great (FYI) or any other monitor if you can see the real time quad or screen then you know its not the card. Also, make sure you go to the set up section of the display on the Geovision set up think its under the tool icon and set it up accordingly to what ever cameras you would like to view and a restart of the Geo program is usually prompted to get to that section once initiated. Another problem and this may not be in your case is that older cards do not always work properly with new software if you have a older card. Just some ideas but 1st try a different monitor then you can eliminate the Vzio as the problem. Good luck and would like to hear what you figured out. Also use USA visions chat line its a good help but not always available. There in California 7am-5:30pm M-F usually ready to help us guys out.