Sign in to follow this  
hocuslocus

Geo software with a Geo card? Use two diffrent model cards?

Do you have to use Geo software with a Geo card?

I'm fine with the software right now, only because I don't really have much to compare it to besides Talon.

I'm trying to do a dvr/nvr system. They let you use what ever camera in the dvr, but with nvr a license is required to run another manufactures camera. That sucks, ip cameras are expensive enough without having to pay another 50 to 100 bucks for a 3rd party license.

Also another question if I was to buy another dvr card do I have to buy the same one, or can I go with a different model? Main reason is the card I bought was a 16 channel, 1200 dollar card. and more than likely I am not going to be using another 16.

From what I understand you can stack cards from the same frame rate 4 or 16 it does not matter think version 8.4 or 8.5 is where it starts but updating higher end cards with new software is capable just have to dump it from all areas and if you never have done it before it will take some time and need steps from GEO to get it right. I don't think a 600 and a higher end card can sink up correctly but I may be wrong. I am figuring you have a 1480 or 1120 for the price you paid. Here is your solution as follows check with USA visions googe them on line and go to the chat section they can tell you exactly if so or if not. I am not sure but going to the chief and not the indian is always a good choice like our distributors or dealers we buy these from. Let me know what you figure out would like to hear what they have to say. David