Sign in to follow this  
tntnt44

PTZ wiring question

Im running a geovison dvr card works good for years adding a ptz camera ,I tested camera in house had ptz working ,so went to install ,have video but not control of ptz ,I used the dc power plug connecters to join the rs485 wires so i could service camera with out cutting wires ,can I not use that plug in on the rs485? I used the wires in the Siamese cable to the rs485 , and ran a separate outdoor cable for power to camera ,better connected direct with no plug? thanks for any info Gil

Im running a geovison dvr card works good for years adding a ptz camera ,I tested camera in house had ptz working ,so went to install ,have video but not control of ptz ,I used the dc power plug connecters to join the rs485 wires so i could service camera with out cutting wires ,can I not use that plug in on the rs485? I used the wires in the Siamese cable to the rs485 , and ran a separate outdoor cable for power to camera ,better connected direct with no plug? thanks for any info Gil

hi yes you can use them wires.... how are you setup to control ptz 485

If by plug you mean power barrel connectors then yes, that might be a problem. You should wire directly from the camera to the DVR with no barrel adapters. I get what you're trying to do for like a quick disconnect, but that's probably the problem. Either that or try reversing the wires into the DVR or card. Wrong polarity won't send communication.

ok yes the barrel connectors ok will remove them and try it with out thanks back on the roof again Lol Gil

running GV-net card usb comm 3 ,was working in house

ok yes the barrel connectors ok will remove them and try it with out thanks back on the roof again Lol Gil

running GV-net card usb comm 3 ,was working in house

Does not matter wire connection for data.

Comm is your problem ....... If used once then moved set to comm4

Then store which comm in settings so as stays if power out or rest

Hello removed barrel connectors ,works great so looks like direct wire is best bet no plugs in line thanks for help Gil