tomdlgns

best/cleanest way to recycle?

i have a handful of systems (all different versions) and they all seem to keep some old folders with 1 or 2 video files inside. for example, it has no problem storing footage, but if i open the folder where files are recorded to, i can go back to june of 2013 and see a few files still hanging around.

thanks

If these files are not set to 'never recycle' then its probably database corruption, I've seen this a few times, seems to coincide with improper shutdown(power outage, etc). Do these files appear in ViewLog?

You can either manually delete them, or run database repair utility to make the DVR 'aware' of the files and they should be recycled eventually

If these files are not set to 'never recycle' then its probably database corruption, I've seen this a few times, seems to coincide with improper shutdown(power outage, etc). Do these files appear in ViewLog?

You can either manually delete them, or run database repair utility to make the DVR 'aware' of the files and they should be recycled eventually

they do not pop up in the view log. i don't want to manually delete, i'd rather run the utility and hopefully that cleans up the folders/files.

the only thing i need to do is run the db utility? when should i see the file delete? should i check back in 24 hours?

thanks.

shut down Multicam and Viewlog server then run the db utility. It will take a while to scan for files. Once its done, you should see the 'missing' files show up in viewlog, they should be deleted the next time the software 'recycles', usually a couple of hours, depends on activity.

shut down Multicam and Viewlog server then run the db utility. It will take a while to scan for files. Once its done, you should see the 'missing' files show up in viewlog, they should be deleted the next time the software 'recycles', usually a couple of hours, depends on activity.

by default, reserve never-recycle flag is checked and rebuild all information is not checked.

i do see my default path is accurate, i won't mess with that.

it took about 5 seconds to run (recording to a small drive) and said it was complete. i didnt see any missing files show up.

thanks.

hmmm...not sure but I usually check 'rebuild all information' option

ok, i will try that and see if it shows files/more info.

thanks.

hmmm...not sure but I usually check 'rebuild all information' option

i purchased a new drive, put it in the system, setup GeoVision to record to the new drive, closed the program, ran the program with the additional check boxes, it did take longer. i let it record for 1 week and i still have folders that are empty that it isn't recycling.

thanks.

...they all seem to keep some old folders with 1 or 2 video files inside
i let it record for 1 week and i still have folders that are empty that it isn't recycling

Its normal for empty folders to hang out for a while in my experience, they will dissappear eventually. On the other hand if there is video files in the folders that are not recycling and not showing in ViewLog that would indicate database corruption.

...they all seem to keep some old folders with 1 or 2 video files inside
i let it record for 1 week and i still have folders that are empty that it isn't recycling

Its normal for empty folders to hang out for a while in my experience, they will dissappear eventually. On the other hand if there is video files in the folders that are not recycling and not showing in ViewLog that would indicate database corruption.

ok i will keep an eye on it.

i am almost positive i have seen the view log be 100% accurate but that folders from 9 months ago are still sticking around. i find that odd, but maybe it isn't...?

thanks.

just checked my personal dvr and it looks like there is ~6 days of old empty folders for each cam, personally I wouldn't even worry about it as long as the video is recycling