stevwolf58

Motion detection not working on GV-CB120 camera

I have one camera.

I have one geovision GV CB120

There are many options in the web interface which I don't understand.

Anyway I want it to record on Motion. But I can't seem to get it to do this.

BTW I'm saving the data to the internal card on the device.

I Go to Monitor settings select Manual and check Select all and Camera [Motion] and say start.

There is little Running man at the bottom of the screen that starts running over an icon that says Camera I/o. I assume this means its working.

There is a note that says

*In this section you can set up, and start/stop monitoring in manual or scheduled mode.

*To monitor upon motions, be sure to set up the detection area on the Motion Detection page

But I dont know where that is.

Anyway when I look at the video using Remote Viewlog I cannot see any video.

I have set the sensitivity to 10.

I'm not sure of any other settings that need to be set.

Has anybody used this camera and have any advice.

Did you format the SD card in "Storage Settings" menu?

motion detection is in the web interface under "Video and Motion' section.

also I believe it can only work with Internet Explorer browser.

Capture.JPG.efb009dd8ce508d1d8bb5691c6341b13.JPG

with this camera I've worked with, it must be properly set up using a PC directly to the camera motion detection and all I can imagine doing that,

Set it on a PC with an Internet cable to the camera or your camera linking it to the NVR?

how you got it done? ?

1. First of all I downloaded the latest bios or firmware version this did make some changes to the interface. By the way I did format the card several times, but when you install the new update it actually has a new file format and it recommends that you formatted again to lay down this new format. It seems to create three partitions. This may be because, if I understand security video storage it often puts one picture on each partition and keeps a round robinING along.

2. After this using Internet Explorer helps things. It was odd because often chrome or firefox work better with other software but in this case it appears that Internet explorer works better.

3. With windows seven there are all sorts of permission issues. When you connect to the camera it wants to download a number of things. On my laptop I log in as a user. Not administrator. This is for security reasons so viruses and such cannot automatically install and my computer. Im still trying to figure out the permission problems and issues. But one of the things that needs to be turned off while you're installing the software is UAC. If you do no know what this is just look it up on the net you can turn it off, maybe a reboot. The other option which creates some problems is in the web browser, some sort of protected mode. Maybe I need to update my browser I think I'm using 7. Anyway once I did this I started to see a motion detection box and was able to set it up. My recommendation initially is to love the camera as administrator first. Then perhaps if you want to use it a user account login as that user afterwards.

4 Ľuboš, your comment on connecting it to the computer may be right. I have put a 1 GB card into this camera set up the motion and it works great. However he doesn't seem to say very much video. Im unclear whether 1 GB is just too small to save enough. Or if there is something else in play here. But maybe our need to say that two some sort of hard drive that has large capacity to save anything worthwhile like several days. Im unclear I'm still experimenting.Frankly I was hoping to save a call on the card. Perhaps others can advise me whether this is going to be possible.