tomdlgns

program for playback

i have 2 video clips i need to send to someone. they don't have geovision or the codecs required. i can remote into the PC where the files are at (i have them on the desktop), but i need to play them on a PC where i am at....different location. i installed the 32 bit remote playback program, but when the video plays the file name is red. i see it attempting to play (time and scroll bar move), but no video.

do i need an older version of rdp? a newer version? is there a program that i can use that will play any geovision file? i need to make this as easy as possibly for the person that will be receiving this footage.

thanks.

Can't you just export it as WMV using Viewlog on the DVR? Otherwise try this:

-Download/install Remote Viewlog

-In the %ProgramFiles%\Remote Viewlog folder, find GVSinglePlayer.exe - simple standalone player which I believe will play back the file without having to install the codec.

-If you do need the codec, copy the GeoCodecReg folder to the desired PC, then run (as administrator) GeoCodecReg.exe file inside the folder

-In the %ProgramFiles%\Remote Viewlog folder, find GVSinglePlayer.exe - simple standalone player which I believe will play back the file without having to install the codec.

-If you do need the codec, copy the GeoCodecReg folder to the desired PC, then run (as administrator) GeoCodecReg.exe file inside the folder

i didn't know you could export as wav. interesting.

i ended up downloading remote viewlog program from the DVR (via browser) and copied the files from c:\windows\geovision\remoteview and put them on a CD. the program that worked was viewlog500.exe. i tested on another windows xp machine that has never seen geovision files and it did work.

i need to look into the export as WMV option a bit more. that might be a lot easier, in the future. normally i never need to give the video to anyone. they typically look at video events on the DVR.

thanks.

time to re-visit this thread. after i got the file working via my post, i didn't go back to re-visit the .wmv export. i gave some video to another person to view, along with the rbp program. when they click setup.exe, it tells them it isn't compatible with their OS.

unless the .wmv export works, it is time for me to move away from GeoVision. i know i am not using the most up to date system, so that is partially my fault, but because the system works very well, it is hard for me to throw it away/upgrade. the newer VMS systems include a .exe when you export video and it has worked on xp, w7, w8/8.1 w/o any issues.

when you save the clips from the geo system to other media checkbox include player that way you can burn a CD or send to a thumb driver and it will replay just like it was on the server. gives you better control of the clips and will play on any windows machine.

when you save the clips from the geo system to other media checkbox include player that way you can burn a CD or send to a thumb driver and it will replay just like it was on the server. gives you better control of the clips and will play on any windows machine.

from the log view?

i will give that a shot. the problem i am running into is that the program rpb (remote play back) has a setup.exe file that installs the software. when the user trying to install that file attempts to run the exe, it tells them it isn't compatible. it sounds like i still might have that issue with your method, but i will still give it a shot...you never know.